Old 02-14-2017, 08:19 AM   #16
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Roberts View Post
Coastal Cruiser, it will go anywhere a Bayliner or Mainship will go. I would worry more about construction quality and anti-corrosion efforts than seaworthiness.
I agreed w this mostly out of respect for Tad. But I still have my doubts.

Mainship has made one boat I am at least very suspect of in this scenario and don't know enough about the others to comment. But I'd rather be in any Bayliner that I've ever seen than this boat in big seas especially beam and stern seas. I think the lack of directional stability and chine tripping potential would eat this homebuilt somehow in beam seas, stern seas or broaching or whatever. Re head seas construction is probably the biggest issue providing the crew could stand the motion.

Al
HaHa I thought about the seat belt. More like a restraining strap to keep me from falling off the seat into the center of the boat and cracking my scull. Have'nt seen anything like that for a long time to make me think about it.

Tad's great. He's a NA w lots of experience. But I spoke too soon and think I committed to something I really do'nt belive. So I needed to post what I really do believe.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote