Wireless Camera Install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Just finished installing a couple of wireless cameras. One in the ER and the other on the radar arch facing the stern so we can "see" when in the PH.

AND I resolved the issue with the FB monitor showing "Out Of Timing," it was the resolution setting.

I am REALLY please with the quality. See short video here:

And this is a shot of the ER from the FB monitor during a nice sunny day today. The light at top left is a ER light that I need to tweak the camera away from.

I have room for two more cameras. I saw a pair in Wal-Mart today for ~$80 so I may grab those and just use them temporarily when we leave the boat at home to travel for periods. Using crocodile clips or cable ties I can put one on the bow rail looking back and one in the cockpit watching the boarding area. Or even on the back of the house watching the whole boat. Then remove when we get back.

Attachments

• Camera3 (720x960).jpg
    Camera3 (720x960).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Is that a dedicated monitor for the camera images?
Thanks,
dvd

Nice. What cameras did you install?

Swann four channel Easyview system with two cameras. I can add a further two.. $299.

It has a 1TB HD for recording. Full on or motion dectection. You can hook to a network and view/use via your cell phone or home computer using the Swann App.

Swann four channel Easyview system with two cameras. I can add a further two.. $299.

It has a 1TB HD for recording. Full on or motion dectection. You can hook to a network and view/use via your cell phone or home computer using the Swann App.

Thanks!

Great job Menzies,:thumb::thumb:

It is always best to have an extra way of seeing behind you. It was a wise move on your part to install them.

Now I am wondering if you will place one so you can watch the mystery box???:rofl::hide:

Thank you for sharing and posting the video.

Cheers and happy cruising.

H. Foster

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom