hot water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A job but it's out. The bottom was rusted out and leaking. New one will be here Tuesday and back to gather it goes. The old one was 20 gal. The new one is only 6 gal.

Not sure why the pics posted 3 times. Sorry about that.

20G seems a lot for that boat. 6 will certainly fit better, and is usually enough. They also sell 11G water heaters, which is what I went with (because I had the room and could get it installed easily.) Just wanted to throw that in here for anyone looking at a similar job in the future.

20G seems a lot for that boat. 6 will certainly fit better, and is usually enough. They also sell 11G water heaters, which is what I went with (because I had the room and could get it installed easily.) Just wanted to throw that in here for anyone looking at a similar job in the future.

I started to get the 11 gal but it was a couple inches wider the the 6 and we can make 6 gal work. The 6 should slide right in.

I started to get the 11 gal but it was a couple inches wider the the 6 and we can make 6 gal work. The 6 should slide right in.

The way these heaters heat the water(HOT HOT HOT), a little hot water goes a long way. You should be fine!!

Remember every item your replace will again in time need replacement.
Do yourself a big favor and install every replacement so its quick and easy to do next time.

KISS installed , not "forever" installed.

New water heater starter tripping the breaker. It appears the breaker is weak. I've tested all the connections and they are good. It draws 12.5 amps and has a 15 amp breaker.
Anyone have a weak breaker problem?

New water heater starter tripping the breaker. It appears the breaker is weak. I've tested all the connections and they are good. It draws 12.5 amps and has a 15 amp breaker.
Anyone have a weak breaker problem?

If it was me, and since I don't know anything, if the breaker has other 15 amp breakers next to it, I would just hook up the water heater to another 15 amp breaker and sea what happens. If it trips then the water heater or the installation is the problem. If not, then you could replace the breaker.

But again, that is only what I would do, not what somebody should do.

If it was me, and since I don't know anything, if the breaker has other 15 amp breakers next to it, I would just hook up the water heater to another 15 amp breaker and sea what happens. If it trips then the water heater or the installation is the problem. If not, then you could replace the breaker.

But again, that is only what I would do, not what somebody should do.

I did this with a spare 15 amp breaker with jumper wire. After 30 min no tripping of breaker. Tried the first breaker again and it last a minute before tripping. Going to replace with new breaker and that should take care of the problem.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom