OK Forum Electronics Experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
I installed two cameras today - one in the ER and over the stern. I have successfully fed them to the Green Marine 17" Monitor in the PH and they show fine - great in fact.

This monitor is replicated on the FB with the 15" "dumb" monitor - i.e. with no controls. This monitor has been working fine. However when I finished the install and went up there to see the video replicated there was a fixed message on the screen saying "Out Of Timing."

I am stumped on this.

One thing I am going to look at tomorrow is that I set the resolution on the PH monitor to match the resolution I had on the cameras (1280X1024) which that monitor can handle, but the max resolution on the FB monitor is 1024x768.

So I will lower both the camera and the PH monitor to 1024X768 and see if that resolves it.

I am not hopeful though as I wouldn't think a bad resolution would give an "out of timing" message would it?

Refresh rate from you camera is not supported by your screen. Lower the refresh rate (frequency) from your cam or select a matching one to match the supported one on your screen.

Last edited:
How is the monitor "replicated" between the two stations?

No idea right now. I would have to lift out the embedded PH and FB monitors to look at the wiring but want to leave doing that until I have exhausted all other options.

No idea right now. I would have to lift out the embedded PH and FB monitors to look at the wiring but want to leave doing that until I have exhausted all other options.

Right, don't take anything apart. I'm just curious how it works.

giphy.gif

So I will lower both the camera and the PH monitor to 1024X768 and see if that resolves it.

I am not hopeful though as I wouldn't think a bad resolution would give an "out of timing" message would it?

Yup all 3 have to match display timing.

Me-Thinks if you have an active signal splitter (you may or may not) maybe the cable that goes to the FB got unplugged or maybe it broke? Just a shot in the dark though, does the PH display nothing also? Edit- Just saw the PH works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom