Boat show, anyone...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peter B

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Make
Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Hi all, I'm back - from the UK that is.* I missed the Sanctuary Cove boat show on the Gold Coast as a result.* I have only missed it twice in its 22 yr old existence.* Did anyone else go - any pics....?

I've been in the Uk, via Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Paris, during the last 6 weeks, and spending some time during this period enjoying a very different type of boating.* A canal narrowboat, as they call them here.* Going through locks a rather surreal experience for a normally sealevel type of boater....going through a stygian dark tunnel 1 & 1/2 miles long even more eerie...but fun.....

A few quick pics from the cameraphone below

I think you'll pick what & where they are...

download.spark

-- Edited by Peter B on Friday 3rd of June 2011 06:16:07 AM

Attachments

• image026.jpg
    image026.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 126
  • image022.jpg
    image022.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 126
  • image029.jpg
    image029.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 126
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 127
  • image001-1.jpg
    image001-1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 133
Peter,
Good to see you are back.
Like you I missed the boat show for the first time ever.
I was busy getting the boat down from TCB on the Wed. Thurs in Mooloolaba and my Old Mum in hospital after a fall.
Had to get all sorted before flying out on the Monday.
Now in Paris.
Came accross from London on Tuesday here for a few more days before picking up a car to drive south.

Whatever you do Benn, stay outa the roundabout at the Arc de Triomphe, it's a shocker. Just watching the traffic mayhem from above at the top was awe inspiring enough.
Take care to look left!!! I found in Dubai, (first ever driving on wrong side), the hardest thing was to discipline myself to keep aware trouble comes from the left, not the right, (especially on roundabouts), and to look up to the right for the rear vision mirror. It was fun tho - stressful but fun. Another box ticked, as they say.
We thoroughly enjoyed Ferrari World at Abu Dhabi. They have a 'cruel/crazy' roller-coaster there - fastest in the world. Again, another tick, but I wouldn't do it again. Also enjoyed having a good squizzy at the Yas Marina and yacht club - and the F1 track as well, which is nearby. Great venue.
Have a great time. Let's know when you are back and we'll really try to have that hook-up we've been talking about for some time. Oh, yeah, and remember...."mind the gap".....

Peter,
The driving is ok.
Lived in the States for about 10 years.
Last time over Gayle and I leased a car for 3 months.
Getting out of Paris I suprised her and myself, I only did one extra lap at the roundabout at the Arc de Triomphe.
I will see how I go this time might still be there a day later going round and round.
Another few days in Paris and then south.
Catch you at home in about a fortnight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom