Marine Trader 36 foot Europa model

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blacksheep

Veteran Member
Hello: Well I have just seen a really nice Trader at my marina which arrived about 1 month ago.I really like this model for sure and it is getting a total redo my its new owners.

I have not had the grand tour yet but hope to see it when they finish it and I know it is going to be great.The boat looks to be in a really good state even due to its age.I heard it wans't used for 15 years!Maybe I will get on e some day!!Any way it is a great lookingTrawler for sure!!

Bill,
Is this the MT at hales bar? If so, I met the owner a couple of weeks ago as he was working on it- seemed like a super nice guy. I gave him one of my cards and told him about trawler forum and told him to come join and post about his project- it was definitely looking to be a comprehensive refit! Very nice boat and they looked to be doing it right. We had to park our new boat there for a few days the other week due to Chickamauga Lock being closed...I forgot you were based out of there or I would have tracked you down to say hello!

HI Windsong: Yes that is the same boat!They seeems really nice but are busy with the refit so no one has talked to them very much except another Trawler Owner at out dock.I heard he got the boat in Chattanooga as it had sat for many years unused. I have looked it over from the outside nad it looks in good shape.It must have been kept under cover as the boat looks solid.
The other Trawler is a Marine Trader 34and it has had a ton of work done on it by this owner and his Dad.He has just installed a new Yanmar and it runs great.
The Large Bayliners are really a very nice boat also!A 45 with twin Hino's would be very nice.
I am still working on my 38 and hope it will be running soon as we are wiring up the fly bridge after the spllash and running lines for the hydrolic steering.Tons of work to do on a total refit..Ha My Next one will be running even if it is a Bass Tracker!!

I talked to both trawler owners there at Hales Bar- both nice folks. The MT 36 was kept @ Chattanooga Yacht Club in one of their boat houses so it is in better shape than a lot of others. We looked @ the Albin there too- talked to seller about listing it but it needs a LOT of work. It's not a good sign when you have a diaper hanging below the generator exhaust to catch all the junk. :)

Woodsong wrote:
I talked to both trawler owners there at Hales Bar- both nice folks. The MT 36 was kept @ Chattanooga Yacht Club in one of their boat houses so it is in better shape than a lot of others. We looked @ the Albin there too- talked to seller about listing it but it needs a LOT of work. It's not a good sign when you have a diaper hanging below the generator exhaust to catch all the junk. :)
*Tony and Bill, I think that was Ducket's boat. *I believe it was a 1980. *His dad, Bill, bought it. *Later Bill got an MT50, and his son wound up with the 36. *The son lived aboard it for quite awhile at the Yacht Club. *We ordered a 1981 to be built at the Blue Seas yard on Tiawan. *We specified that specifically as they were building the best quality MTs. *My boat went to Saugatuck, MI to a loving owner. *It will be interesting to see Ducket's boat refurbished.

Hi Don & Tony: The boat is in good shape and I sure would love to own it!I like the covered walkways,etc.
They gutted the inside and are redoing it .I know it will be nice!I wonder what the cost was to buy it???
I would never be able to get one but still nice to think about it!!Ha

We sure enjoyed ours till it's sale last spring.

download.spark
download.spark

Gee! That is a really nice picture!I really like the Trader 36 Europa Model.I guess they are redoing to suit them selves which is a very OK move.Gues that is what playing with all these boats is all about.
I might find one sunk or storm damaged some time that I can afford.Ha
I am trying to get operational by spring and looks like it will be done.All I like to finish is complete the correction of the transmission mistake I made eary on.
I bought a pair of low hgour engines for the boat and the transmission supplied with them was incorrect gear setup so I bought a pair of transmissions and somehow installed them on the wrong motor.Well upon launch she wouldn't move both were like they were in neutral,no noise,etc. I thought then that maybe that was the trouble but wouldn't know for sure till I removed at least one of them.So I removed the starboard one first and sure enough that was the one for the port side,rotation wrong direction.I have that side finished and will install the port side later this week when it warms up some.
While I had the transmission out I decided since it was a lot of trouble to pull them I would take it to a rebuilder.I had bough the pair of transmissions off E Bay and didn't know any facts other than I was told they were low hours on them.The repair shop confirmed that said hardly any wear on it at all so that was good news but out the cost of rebuild as new clutches,seals,gaskets,etc were installed.Still he was a very reasonable repair man.
My first trip will be crusing the River gorge to Chattanooga some time this spring.Stay Safe,Bill

Back
Top Bottom