Show us your stern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's mine.

Attachments

• p1002165.jpg
    p1002165.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 163
Okay....this really is her Stern...not MINE!*

Attachments

• skinny dippin's stern.jpg
    skinny dippin's stern.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 189
Keith,

That propeller looks like my Michigan MP3.

Attachments

• sth71265.jpg
    sth71265.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 164
While it was still on the hard

Attachments

• img_8267.jpg
    img_8267.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 160
Not at most cost effective speed
download.spark

download.spark

This*past weekend.

Before the name change

Attachments

• boat stern.jpg
    boat stern.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 169

download.spark

-- Edited by dwhatty on Wednesday 1st of June 2011 01:06:31 PM

-- Edited by dwhatty on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 11:08:45 AM

Here she is, on the way to the lift well.

Attachments

• stern.jpg
    stern.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 159
Willard 40 wide body sedan with my dingy "Pudgy"*

Attachments

• stern view with pudgy.jpg
    stern view with pudgy.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 281
nwboater wrote:

Willard 40 wide body sedan with my dingy "Pudgy"*

The Willard 40 was also on our short list when we were in the market. Coincedentally, so now is the Pugy for our eventual dingy. Love those Willards....real boats.

healhustler wrote:*Love those Willards....real boats.
*Yeah, they have nice curves.

Old Stone wrote:So Lurker - You must get pretty good fuel burn rate movin' her around that way ! I remember your series of these pics when you first took her to the dock this year. Havin' a good season ?
Carl; efficient, but very slow.* This working for a living keeps interfering with my boating time.* I've only been to the fuel dock so far.* But, I did play hookey today and am hoping to take a cruise up to Restless Ric's for a burger and to gawk at the waitresses.* Locals will know what I'm talking about.* My dad was going to go along but since he got the batts in his pacemaker swapped out yesterday he thinks maybe he should take it easy today.* Yeah, right.* My dad never takes it easy.* I'm hoping I have half his energy when I get to his age.

Old Stone wrote:
I believe a better description of those waitresses would be apppreciated. One must assume that most of us look at the forum while alone without the first mate hanging around. :no::no:
*Assumptions can be dangerous and potentially hazardous to health and welfare.

This is it

Attachments

• polly p and beaufort 144.jpg
    polly p and beaufort 144.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 241
Here's mine in N Ft Myers, Fl

Jack

Attachments

• trixsea stern copy.jpg
    trixsea stern copy.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 256
Old Stone wrote:
I believe a better description of those waitresses would be apppreciated. One must assume that most of us look at the forum while alone without the first mate hanging around. :no::no:
*I don't have any of my own photos handy, but, follow this link and you'll get the idea.** http://www.recklessrics.com/indexA.html

The waitresses wear uniforms of a different theme each day.* On NFL Sundays it's the referee zebra stripes.* Yesterday it was tennis outfits, maybe in honor of the French Open. * But, tennis outfits unlike any you'll see on the courts at Rolland Garros.*
wink.gif

BaltimoreLurker wrote:
The waitresses wear uniforms of a different theme each day.* On NFL Sundays it's the referee zebra stripes.* Yesterday it was tennis outfits, maybe in honor of the French Open. * But, tennis outfits unlike any you'll see on the courts at Rolland Garros.*
wink.gif

*Would that be "Topless Tennis"?* I'd lose every match. *Two (not misspelled) many distractions.
biggrin.gif

Two Old Girls' Sterns Worth the View

So I finally found the right one for you guys out there....someday I have to make more sense out of my*photo files. but since this topic still lists high and has some visitors I thought I would find them tonight.** ******

I was told when I first came to own Ursa Major that I didn't deserve her as she was a "man's boat".** It kinda challenged me to keep her and*figure out some of this maritime stuff for myself over the years but it is the appreciative audience that keeps me going for Ursa's sake (by the way she has a ghost aboard we call Ursula who is tall viker chick).*****

A photographer has to*wait for the right time*and *the right light (here setting sun in Baja)*in about 2007 or so.....*** Romsdal Oceanquest owned by Bill Lee and Malahide Ursa Major (mine) in*a rare moment on a wonderful trip*in a*stern shot for your enjoyment and a great opportunity to compare two classic hull shaped from the hands of Norwegian shipwrights.***

This is the first image upload other than my name one*so I will do my best and correct if it doesn't show well.****

Attachments

• oq and ursa stern 2 for trawler forum copy.jpg
    oq and ursa stern 2 for trawler forum copy.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 856
Old Girls Sterns in Bigger Size

My image* of Oceanquest and Ursa came through a bit small and grainy so here it is again in larger form and greater detail (I HOPE)** But what girl wants her stern in bigger form.....?**

Attachments

• oq and ursa stern 2 in hi res for tf 8 x 10.jpg
    oq and ursa stern 2 in hi res for tf 8 x 10.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 404
She looks a really nice vessel all over, not just her behind. Any chance of more pics - maybe as a post elsewhere rather than the 'stern' one...?

Ssshhh .....work in progress.

Attachments

• sdc10387.jpg
    sdc10387.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 252
UrsaMajor wrote:**
I was told when I first came to own Ursa Major that I didn't deserve her as she was a "man's boat".**
I hope you set whom ever said that to you straight in the "Proper Queen's English".*

I think she has a nice back end , :)

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1399163515.164952.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1399163527.579162.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1399163527.579162.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 231
Here's a better pic of Willy's stern. Taken just before we bought her on the hard in Edmonds WA, USA.

Attachments

• willard 001 copy.jpg
    willard 001 copy.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 234
Just finished three solid days of heatgun scraping, sanding, cleaning and re-sanding 42 years worth of built up varnish off our teak transom. Will be refinishing this week and installing the vew v-carved nameboards on the flybridge and transom next week.

Attachments

• IMG-20140429-00135.jpg
    IMG-20140429-00135.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC01656.jpg
    DSC01656.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 243

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom