View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #10
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJameslanza View Post
Gordon,
We did have a survey, and it turned up a few minor issues that the owner already had informed us about. (This post was just about the sea trial) Capt. Trevor did a thorough inspection of the boat before we ever turned the key. In his defense, at one point he did check the engine room, however, short of crawling around and contorting himself (see previous post), it would have been difficult for him to spot the spray. I have to give him high marks for the extra effort he made to find the leak.

To answer the questions posed by Sunchaser, David and B and B, a mechanical inspection was performed, but there was no disassembly of systems. A laser thermometer was used to verify that the temp instruments were accurate, and that the each of the 12 cylinders (twin diesels) were within a few degrees of each other. After the WOT run, there were no oil leaks, and the engines with only 4,000 hours literally hummed. When we get the oil analysis, if there's no indication of metal in the sample, I'd think we've done all we can reasonably do short of employing my X-Ray vision, which I've stopped using, because I kept forgetting to take off my glasses. We'll cross our fingers, before the Aleve wears off, and take our chances.
So was Trevor Holland your surveyor? Boat? Engine? Both? Or had all the survey work including a sea trial been previously done?
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote