View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #14
Lou_tribal
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
My wife and I have a plan to be retired in a bit more than 10 years. She will be 57 I will be 53. In fact she will retire 3 years before me but we needed to fix a date so... Her parents often ask us what we will be doing and argue that we will find the time long and boring. They are the type of person who had only two things in their life, their daughters and their job. My wife and I are the opposite, while we like our job, it still a job but we have so many things we want to do or do more and don't have the time to do because of our jobs. We spend most of our vacation traveling. We are dive addict, we spend a lot of time in different carribean islands and europe to dive but it is not enough we want more. We spend weekends and some vacation weeks boating, but it is not enough, we want more. We spend some time traveling in Quebec to see some wonderful scenic place, but it is not enough we want more. I love maintaining my boat, my house, wood working and many other things and I do not have enough time to do it. On top of all that, my wife is working nightly and I am working daily so we spend little time together, and we just want to spent more time enjoying life together. Will I find the time long and boring while retired... NO WAY I will just spend all these hours to do all these things I have not enough time to do right now, and this will keep me busy for more time than I will have the chance to live.
I guess that there are two type of people around, those for who work was the center of their life without much except working (no criticism here just a fact), these will find retirement boring. And there are those who have multiple activities but not enough time, those will just enjoy.
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote