Oops! This would suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What good fortune that no one was hurt and only minor damage happened.

While rare, those type of accidents are one reason that I don't haul my boats unless I absolutely have to. The other reason of course is that I'm cheap.

I haul out once a year for a bottom inspection!!!:eek::facepalm:

that happen to a friend with is boat 2 years ago, boat get damage but luck only the front sling so the boat don't touch his running gear

Hugues

Some of us aren't lucky enough to boat in an area where Travelifts are available. It's not a bad thing though, to have to rely on cranes from one of the world's largest crane manufacturers.

img_519165_0_aab2d78550c71dcc1bb67b330be92638.jpg

There was similar occurrence at Shelter Island a couple of years ago I believe. Hell of a mess!

Jim

To you want a scary one?
Day of loading in Genova, I was close to heart attack...
Super MAN was close to fly

148606682268307.jpg

148606689936712.jpg

148606698086672.jpg

Look Ma! No straps!

wonderful some hock on deck steel boat?

Hugues

There are four "holed" metal straps welded to the frames (note SS fitting sticking up from the gunwale). Part of original construction. Works for a steel boat.

When the crane operators lifted my boat they lifted it about 5-6 times until they got it level. They would lift it, set it back on the water, adjust the straps, repeat, repeat, etc.

For the haulout lift they sent a crane and 6-7 people to help out. Very professionally done. They brought all the rigging for the cranes, jack stands, blocks to set the keel on, etc.
Here's the crane that lifted it out....
img_519482_1_10f0f82923bb7faf1af64806bc6c35b0.jpg

and the crane that set it back in the water. I don't know what the rated capacity is for this crane but it never broke a sweat lifting the boat.
img_519482_2_7d63334432d446ab1911a4a943f9ffa2.jpg

When the crane operators lifted my boat they lifted it about 5-6 times until they got it level. They would lift it, set it back on the water, adjust the straps, repeat, repeat, etc.

If you look on pictures was 2 cranes lift us.

Back
Top Bottom