Best Previous Owner Ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Rive

Vessel Name
currently boatless
My wife and I closed on our new to us American Tug 34 yesterday. She is a red 2003 ... hull #43. We arrived in Florida two days ahead of time to provision the boat and get organized. The previous owners were just amazing! George and Nancy spent two full days with us going over ever little detail. They were the original owners and truly loved their tug. They also took us out on a mini shakedown cruise. At a time when so many folks are at each others throats, those two days with George and Nancy restored our faith in humanity. Boaters really are nice folks.

Congratulations on your new boat!
The American Tug 34 is the first of Tomco's products that we ever saw. It is a very nice package. Have fun!
Bruce

Congratulations...it's good when both the seller and buyer walk away happy :thumb:

Congratulations on the new boat. The NT 34 is a nice package.

Yeah, real nice boat and probably a big part of the cruising future. We saw four of them on a recent three-day Gulf Coast cruise. Hard to beat that combo in 34 ft..

Nice boat!
We have similar on-going relationship with our previous owners. They are taking care of the boat, and our house while we are on vacation.

Congratulations. A boat's caretaker is often more important than the boat itself. I've seen many owner inspired improvements performed on perfectly good boat's with bad results. Sounds like you got an eleven.

Nice! My boat once had a very good PO, but the immediate PO (I think) bought the boat just to flip it. He seemed like a nice enough guy, and he liked the boat, but going on four years later I'm still undoing some of the damage he inflicted. And he stripped the boat almost bare of gear, spares, manuals and records that I'm positive the PO before him kept meticulously.

My PO was loving his boat and was a very good guy too but was a kind of jack of all trade who was doing thing without really knowing what should be done. Sometime he was just thinking it was well done but it was not.
One thing he did well is mahogany furniture in the galley and the aft cabin. On the other side he did some plumbing repair of "cut and add one more fitting" type, some doubtful electrical connections and was loving to "repair" leaking window by adding multiple coat of caulking... He was a very nice and funny guy who had his heart broken by selling his boat, but first thing I did was to redo the whole plumbing and fix some unwanted "maintenance". Fortunately his boat stayed unused for some years and was mechanically maintained by some good mechanics so it is more many little things to fix than big bucks repairs.

I've known George and Nancy for several years and they are fantastic people. They took great care of that boat and you are truly fortunate to be the next owner.

My wife and I closed on our new to us American Tug 34 yesterday. She is a red 2003 ... hull #43. We arrived in Florida two days ahead of time to provision the boat and get organized. The previous owners were just amazing! George and Nancy spent two full days with us going over ever little detail. They were the original owners and truly loved their tug. They also took us out on a mini shakedown cruise. At a time when so many folks are at each others throats, those two days with George and Nancy restored our faith in humanity. Boaters really are nice folks.

I would think they also thought highly of you and your wife. I think many boaters would like to assist the next owners, but are scared to make that attempt as there are many who want to hold the PO responsible for life and will call to complain about everything from for years if allowed. It takes two reasonable parties.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom