View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 03:46 PM   #20
lacazadora

City: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Traveller View Post
Being a man, I'm guessing, but I think some women feel less intimidated by learning from another woman. Actual class content could be quite different in any training course you choose, but I wouldn't expect a womans course to be any less comprehensive just because it's women only. I would hope they would provide the same level of instruction they would for a man, and I'm sure they do. The bottom line is that any instruction you get is better than nothing, and you will never stop learning. Being a woman has little bearing on how well you learn, but learning from another woman may be easier for some. Two of the best captains I ever worked for were women, and one is now at the top of her field as a ships pilot. There's nothing wrong with learning from a woman and if a female instructor is less stressfull for some, great, go for it.
Hello Arctic Traveller

Thank you for all your tips and feedback. Very helpful information,.

In addition, thank you for being a sensitive and savvy enough male to understand why a course taught by women and for women only, might be, not only appealling, but also advantageous to most females.

Too bad you're located in such a cold region of the country. I might consider a course from a male like yourself. But my muscles and bones need some serious heat at this point.

Wifey B leaves me speechless...

Thanks again,
Happy cruising and training to you

Appreciate all the feedback and support.,
lacazadora is offline   Reply With Quote