What do You do when not boating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Guru
We are on the beginning of a trip that will take us around the United States and ultimately to the delivery of our new boat.
The Airstream is tons of fun and compared to boats a lot less expensive!
This "hobby" began on a whim and I'm sure will stay with us for a long time. It is a great way to spend time!
Bruce

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 112
I am working when I am not boating. Either that or I am doing stuff that I have to do for family, business, and profession.

Well, I can't compete with RTF, but we too enjoy camping. We have a trailer, use it about as much as our boat and as you can see from the following pic we combine that activity with his.

David

Attachments

• Campfire toast at Fundy- bigger.jpg
    Campfire toast at Fundy- bigger.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 103
We've had several RV's over the years and currently enjoy tent camping. We are considering buying an Airstream Bambi as my back continues to degenerate a bed in a warm trailer sounds better. Until then we enjoy places inaccessible to RV's.

We've had several RV's over the years and currently enjoy tent camping. We are considering buying an Airstream Bambi as my back continues to degenerate a bed in a warm trailer sounds better. Until then we enjoy places inaccessible to RV's.

This is the video of the event of our Airstream purchase...
Bruce

That caravan, the Airstream, looks great. I have not seen one before. Must do a bit of research.

When not boating I do a fair bit of ocean swimming and also like to go Canyoning in the Blue Mountains just west of Sydney. Though the walk outs, with wet suit & ropes, at the end of the day are now becoming a bit of a challenge. However, the love of my life (sporting that is) is...........

Attachments

• aiguille_du_midi_arete-from-below.jpg
    aiguille_du_midi_arete-from-below.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 401
That caravan, the Airstream, looks great. I have not seen one before. Must do a bit of research.

When not boating I do a fair bit of ocean swimming and also like to go Canyoning in the Blue Mountains just west of Sydney. Though the walk outs, with wet suit & ropes, at the end of the day are now becoming a bit of a challenge. However, the love of my life (sporting that is) is...........

Beautiful!
Really beautiful..
Bruce

I work, and still have kids at home. We ski/snowboard as a family. I've renovated two houses and still wrench on cars. I spend a lot of time exploring the mountains behind our house via Land Cruiser and hiking boots.

I like to play in the SoCal sand dunes with family and friends.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 72
I work on my boats. Owning an 81 year old woody means that boat work is never ending.

When I am not doing boat work I spend time getting my blood tested. 38 times last year and so far this year I am on track for 36.

Is this picture from French Alps? Looks familiar to me.

I work on my boats. Owning an 81 year old woody means that boat work is never ending.

When I am not doing boat work I spend time getting my blood tested. 38 times last year and so far this year I am on track for 36.

More power to you!
My wife won't let me have a wooden boat...
She grew up with a Rhodes Reliant and understands the drill.
I love wood...
Bruce

When not boating I am working (need to pay the diesel), traveling for diving, doing some DIY at home, for home or for the boat, cooking, a lot of cooking, watching some Rugby games (I love Rugby), having some wine (and sometime too much) and take of my beloved Admiral.
That's pretty much it without getting into intimate details
Forgot: shovelling the snow! :)

Last edited:
We became MT nesters this year, after our youngest left for college. Love it. Feels like we were given 3 more hours every day. Swimming (pool in winter, ocean in the summer) and outrigger paddling.

We are thinking about that RV thing one of these days.

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. I was curious as well. Looks like a Buddhist monastery to me...

This is Aiguille du Midi, in Massif du Mont Blanc, Chamonix but I do not mind you Mr RTF, knowing your main activity you are excused not to have reconized it! :D

Last edited:
Travel.

This year we are off to the Exumas for a while on the boat (March through May) but after that we will be visiting friends in N'Awlins (June), family in Ireland and England (July), children in OK and MT (end July/Aug), then we plan on spending most of September in Tuscany, Milan and Venice.

I hope to squeeze in a couple of boat cruises as well though!

Wood turning (salad bowls), wood slab tables, and benches, and other woodworking projects.

Attachments

• IMG_20161122_144010.jpg
    IMG_20161122_144010.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 51
Work on my Mustang 5.0. 1988 Convertible, with some modifications. Yard work, clubs and lodges. Anything to stay busy. Since my wife passed, it best to keep busy. Thinking about a motor home for a trip across the country .

With 12 months a year of boating weather, when are we not boatin'?

Work on my Mustang 5.0. 1988 Convertible, with some modifications. Yard work, clubs and lodges. Anything to stay busy. Since my wife passed, it best to keep busy. Thinking about a motor home for a trip across the country .

Sorry to hear, when?

Sorry to read this

We are kindred spirits. 24 last year and am only scheduled 12 this year.

IMG_3997.JPG

So long as I can drive myself to the phlebotomist I'm ahead of the game. :thumb::thumb:

Our daughter is in high school and I'm still working so we're staying close to home for now. Slapped an addition on our house and have a bunch of "finishing touch" jobs to complete. A new darkroom space is next on the horizon and will soon be taking up photogravure, which should keep me busy for many a year clawing my way up that learning curve! Foster parenting babies (one at a time) and offering a safe port in their stormy lives continues to give back to us as much as we give to them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom