"Intercoastal" Waterway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ARoss

Guru
Vessel Name
My Yuki
Vessel Make
1973 Marine Trader 34
Driving southbound through Va and North Carolina on I-95 today, the northbound lanes looked like the ICW on a busy day.* Must have been a dozen or more boats being hauled.* .. some* pretty large Down-easters --one looked like a Hinckley* Picnic Boat, a couple of Mainships, all looking pretty new. Is there a boat show someplace this week?*

ARoss wrote:
Driving southbound through Va and North Carolina on I-95 today, the northbound lanes looked like the ICW on a busy day.* Must have been a dozen or more boats being hauled.* .. some* pretty large Down-easters --one looked like a Hinckley* Picnic Boat, a couple of Mainships, all looking pretty new. Is there a boat show someplace this week?*
*Don't know about a boat show, but there are always some boats moved north by truck for the season.* Because of fuel prices, there has been more talk of it this year.* Personally, if time allows, I prefer the cruise even if more expensive than trucking.

charles wrote:
INTRA COASTAL CANAL (WATERWAY)

ATLANTIC INTRA COASTAL

GULF INTRA COASTAL

-- Edited by charles on Tuesday 24th of May 2011 03:54:03 PM
*Yes, intracoastal is within the coast.* Intercoastal is between two coasts.* However, those of us that travel the Intracoastal Waterway know this very well.**Intercoastal Waterway*is common ussage among those that are not so familiar with it.* By the way the Intracoastal Waterway is a beautiful thing that is a gift to cruisers.*

Not speaking for the original poster but he did put "Intercoastal" in quotes, I suspect because he was driving down the Interstate highway system. *I don't know him but suspect he knows the difference.
smile.gif

Thanks, scarlet... yep it was intentional.* Interstate 95 is the "intercoastal"*

Glad somebody got the
smile.gif

We're fortunate to be located close to the "real" ICW and have logged several cruises* up and down from Mile 0 down into South Carolina.* I believe my avatar was photo'd by a friend on the Waccamaw River north of Georgetown.

-- Edited by ARoss on Tuesday 24th of May 2011 07:39:10 PM

No boat shows i know of right now but this spring has been a very, very busy boat sales season- best by far in the last 3 years. People are moving boats all over based on the deals they are finding and as Don mentioned, some of it may be that it is cheaper to haul the boat over land vs. cruise the entire east coast.

I can't imagine not taking advantage of the ICW and using a boat hauling service. But, some folks use their boats as condo's.

ARoss wrote:
Thanks, scarlet... yep it was intentional.* Interstate 95 is the "intercoastal"*

Glad somebody got the
smile.gif

We're fortunate to be located close to the "real" ICW and have logged several cruises* up and down from Mile 0 down into South Carolina.* I believe my avatar was photo'd by a friend on the Waccamaw River north of Georgetown.

-- Edited by ARoss on Tuesday 24th of May 2011 07:39:10 PM
*That was pretty clever, Al.*

rwidman wrote:
Why does Hawaii have Interstate highways?

Because they are GOVERNMENT built- heaven forbid they do it right, let alone name it right! *

biggrin.gif

rwidman wrote:
Why does Hawaii have Interstate highways?
*The bridge is not finished?* Oh well, I give up.
biggrin.gif
* Why?

Interstate highways in Hawaii?* It's a bureaucracy thing.* Why would you expect logic?

speaking of boats on the move, the other day was kind of funny. As I was driving up I-75 to prep a boat we just shipped to Canada, I passed a 2006 370 express we sold to another client going south on I-75 at the same time I was going north! I felt honored to be part of the cause for congestion on the interstate.
cowboy.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom