macp
Veteran Member

City: Seabrook, TX
Vessel Name: Air2Sea
Vessel Model: 2006 Mainship 34 Trawler
Thanx: Another Cajun here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Congratulations on the 2002 Camano they are fine boats! I bought a 2002, Spirit in Mobile Al. in 2004 and owned it till 2008 when I wanted a larger boat, A guy in Sweden bought her from us and had her shipped there. I find them very well made and fun to operate. We made many trips along the Gulf Coast from Louisiana, as far as Houston and Sanibel Is. Fl., that one was two and a half months on board. They had a very good owners group, ECCO East Coast Camano Owners Association, maybe they are still in operation.
Congrats again enjoy her!
Thanks Steve.
I joined TF six years ago when I learned about the Great Loop and our son moved our grandkids to the Gulf Coast The proximity of the ICW to the Gulf, our grandkids, and the Great Loop set us to fantasizing, but we were land bound by responsibilities.

I enjoyed reading your Gumbo blog during the next years.

I'm originally from South LA, raised on the Atchafalaya River. My first boat memory is riding with my dad in a steel hull outboard, the JEEP, into the Atchafalaya Basin where he taught school K-8 to trapper's kids. I was five.
The majority of my large Cajun family still live in Franklin, Thibodaux, Houma, and Gonzales. My mom was born and raised on a houseboat in Bayou Chene [community no longer exists] and Jeanerette Canal.

You can take the Cajun out of LA but you can never get the swamp out of the Cajun, Thank God
macp is offline   Reply With Quote