Kubota diesel water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nordic Star

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Nordic Star
Vessel Make
1969 Pilot House Trawler
Does anyone know where to get parts (impellers & seals) for my old kubota diesel generator water pump? See pics. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 113
He did say kubota.
Onan are cummins right?

Saying that surely the pump is nothing to do with either, it'd be a jabsco, Johnson, fynspray or the like.

He did say kubota.
Onan are cummins right?

Saying that surely the pump is nothing to do with either, it'd be a jabsco, Johnson, fynspray or the like.
Close. Onan used Kubota engines, though I recall someone posting they initially made their own engines, ? for MDJE. Cummins acquired Onan.
And while I can`t find it right now, I know the crappy Service Manual says there are 2 different pumps for my MDKD, from memory one is Sherwood, can`t recall the other.
I do know my mechanic just got in the wrong one and is exchanging it.

Look at the pump cover plate, maybe with an angled inspection mirror or phone camera. It looks like a Johnson pump, probably an F4B-8 or similar. It should be marked like the image below.

F4B_8.jpg

Looks like a custom installation, not factory. That pump could be whatever the installer chose. Back cover plate should identify manufacturer. Factory pumps usually direct drive, not belt driver.

Bruce you are correct. Onan did use a 3 cylinder Kubota engines. I was a little surprised when I got the manual from NW Cummins. Not sure when, but Cummins bought out Onan. Mine is OEM and is belt driven.

Wow, some great information here guy's! The picture was taken with my phone and unfortunately I could not get to the back pump plate. I was hoping someone would recognize the pump by the picture. Time to take it out and have a look. Thanks again for ALL of your inputs.

Back
Top Bottom