A lurker for years comes in from the cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SBR

Veteran Member
Hello all!
First let me say you have a great site here and I have been following it for awhile to gain information from a very educated and caring group. Held off joining until I thought I might have some info of value to share. Being self employed in the boat repair sector for more years than I like to admit to (25+) I find this one of the best sites as far as the open exchange of ideas from such a varied membership willing to help in anyway.
Hopefully I can add a small bit as time progresses!
Thank you for taking the time to read this
Steve
(And no I am not looking for work! Have to much now. LOL)

Greetings,
Welcome aboard and lurk no more...
giphy.gif

Welcome to the forum! Have a boat?

Ted

TY RT perfectly fitting pic!! LOL
Well OC you have heard about the shoemakers kids going barefoot?? Actually I have the use of a couple of customers boats seems to work very well for now. Then will be refitting an older Marine Trader 44 time permitting (like that will ever happen)

TY RT perfectly fitting pic!! LOL

Well OC you have heard about the shoemakers kids going barefoot?? Actually I have the use of a couple of customers boats seems to work very well for now. Then will be refitting an older Marine Trader 44 time permitting (like that will ever happen)

Better to use someone else's boat just FYI.

[emoji23]

Yes, welcome aboard SBR. I took the liberty of editing the wee typo in your thread title, as I'm sure you meant lurker..? And yes, using someone else's boat in return for your assistance in maintaining theirs is a really good idea for now. A fair trade, I'd say.

SBR
Welcome aboard TF
We are not far from you as the crow flies - a little longer by water
We boat Finger Lakes NY & Canadian canals, Great Lakes, 1,000 Is...

Hello and TY Bacchus, ah yes very familiar waters for sure! If ever on the canal and going past Midlakes Marina please stop and say hello!!

Welcome aboard. Now, how about helping out a left coaster and tell me where Macedon is? :)

SRB - Your praise to TF members in post #1 is especially appreciated coming from a marine worker with 25 yrs. experience. I hope we as a group can continue to uphold our end of the bouy. I'm confident with 25 yrs. experience that you will be providing many good know-how factors. Welcome aboard!

TY Peter spelling has never been a strong point of mine!

Welcome:flowers:, a tradesman is always going to be a warm addition. What are you views on anchors, flying bridges, windshields (Fore/aft)?:D:D

Al-Ketchikan

Welcome:flowers:, a tradesman is always going to be a warm addition. What are you views on anchors, flying bridges, windshields (Fore/aft)?:D:D

Al-Ketchikan

Al, Al, Al... what are you trying to start? A rumble!!?? :rofl::rofl::rofl::D:hide::whistling:

Well lets see Al anchors are great with a line tied at both ends, hmmm "flying bridges" sound a bit scary to me, around here the seem anchored to the ground! Windshields at both ends?? Maybe on a canoe?? LMAO!

Welcome! And I thought I was shy.

Welcome aboard and get that Marine Trader back to her "ole" self! :)

Well lets see Al anchors are great with a line tied at both ends, hmmm "flying bridges" sound a bit scary to me, around here the seem anchored to the ground! Windshields at both ends?? Maybe on a canoe?? LMAO!

Aaaaaaa Good sense of humor and a humble man too.:socool: You sir, will be a great addition!!:thumb:

Al-Ketchikan:whistling:

Aaaaaaa Good sense of humor and a humble man too.:socool: You sir, will be a great addition!!

Humble? No strong opinion on anchors or flybridges? Are you sure about fitting in here?

At any rate, Welcome! I can't imagine how you managed to sit out all the various debates here, on a subject you know well, without jumping in. You're a better man than I.

Welcome to the TF, SBR. A few years back I chartered a canal boat out of your marina, and really enjoyed exploring the region. Good luck with your MT 44, and share some photos when you get a chance!

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome and the kind words. As far as not jumping into any debates, please understand that I gain so much more hearing different opinions and solutions. The knowledge gained over the years from this (and a couple other) sites has been invaluable. I consider the comments more tools in the box and has made my "job" (not that it consider what I do a job) so much easier! Again thank you all!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom