View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #15
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: Well, I understand and perhaps if ours was just about cruising and handling the boat, I'd have some of the same, but it's also about destinations. We're not one of the "it's not about the destination" ones. We enjoy the places we go. We like exploring them on shore once we arrive. Maybe expanding your range, finding different places to go might help. Maybe a left turn instead of right and the Bahamas next winter? If we were just going the same places each year, while I don't think we've been at it enough years for it to be boring yet, I can see it getting less exciting each year. I was just thinking and realized the places we really enjoyed but haven't been to since 2013 and 2014, places like DC, the gulf coast Apalachicola and west, the Chesapeake inland of Annapolis. We limit our time in each place so there are always things we want to get back and see. We live so close to the Bahamas, yet it's been a while since we've been to certain islands. We've been to Bimini and Nassau many times but haven't spent time in the Berry Islands recently or as much as we'd like in the Exumas. With us, it's not just about being on water, although we love that part, but it's also about the places on the water we enjoy.

Hope going a bit further this year revitalizes you.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote