Very serious poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You wanna talk local attire for the weather? I was at Sea-Tac airport 5 days ago, mid morning 29* F .
OUTSIDE baggage claim was a local dude in flip flops, shorts and a tee !
I had to ask, he was just returning from So. America.:socool::ermm:

If you persist to complain I will sue you! It is -20C and they forecast snow storm for the next 4 days!
But it is nice to be inside, having a good glass of wine looking at the snow outside and cooking some recomforting food for tonight diner.

If you persist to complain I will sue you! It is -20C and they forecast snow storm for the next 4 days!
But it is nice to be inside, having a good glass of wine looking at the snow outside and cooking some recomforting food for tonight diner.

Wifey B: I don't do minuses. :)

We use the BBQ, Crockpot, oven, stove and steamer. Most meats are done on the BBQ alongside or out on a trip, crockpot alongside or at anchor. Ive just replaced the electric stovetop with induction and am loving it. We both cook although I do all of the meat. Veg in the steamer is healthy and quick. Boat life doesn't need to be a massive compromise all the time.

Wifey B: I'm dressed lightly too, but I think you and I are because we're not natives to the area. We have a couple of friends around here who have lived in South Florida all their lives, and are wearing winter clothes. :)

B and Wifey B... Watching "House of Cards" on Netflix last eve... Although you've mentioned it's not your boat, for privacy reasons... I noticed exact same boat as in your avatar, also docked at rest. You guys movie folks??

BTW: Wifey... Tell B to keep you warm on those so sooooo cold daze/nights!

Last edited:
B and Wifey B... Watching "House of Cards" on Netflix last eve... Although you've mentioned it's not your boat, for privacy reasons... I noticed exact same boat as in your avatar, also docked at rest. You guys movie folks??

BTW: Wifey... Tell B to keep you warm on those so sooooo cold daze/nights!

Definitely not movie folks. The boat is a stock Sunseeker Manhattan and there have been dozens of 63's and 65's which are identical hulls, just different layouts.

From all testimonies on this thread I can see that you guys are fine gourmet who love and enjoy life as having great diner is enjoying life in my sense.
Would be funny to start a thread where to share all recipes for good plates! :)
Thank you all for your answers :)

Where's the poll?

Will this one do ???

6996.jpg

Well if there's no poll I'll just have to belly up as others have.

Chris is the cook except for most all breakfasts .. even at home. I am very fond of my cereal w fruit. So we eat separately in the AM.

Had I known how much she liked her new stove I'd have been faster getting it. We went to Sure Marine and got a three burner stove w oven. She said she wanted the oven and I couldn't imagine her baking on our little boat. But she did and seemed as happy w the stove as perhaps a new car. I exaggerate a small bit. She's a good cook and used recipes little. I often say "I sure hope you can remember how you made this" but she just makes something different that's so good I forget others. We cook on the stove and have no BarbBque. Heavy on fruit and vegetables and light on meat. On the boat we drink a lot of tea, a little wine and read books. I like to surf on Navamatics for the next days run.

Attachments

• STH71563 copy 4.jpg
    STH71563 copy 4.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Usually one votes on a poll and see's how others responded.

WB .. beef?

Usually one votes on a poll and see's how others responded.

WB .. beef?

Wifey B: Yes, you asked "Whare's the poll?" Clara asked "Where's the beef?" Of course she made good money for that until she got greedy and found out they could do fine without her. :)

The OP did lead us on telling us there was a poll and there wasn't. :D

Maybe secret ballot. The ballots are secret, not the votes.

Greetings,
Tonight I made pasta and shrimp with lime butter sauce. I cook. Admiral sets table and cleans up. Pretty well been that way for the last 45 years.

1/3 cup fresh lime juice reduced to 2 1/2 tbsp over med heat
1 stick chilled butter cut into 8 pcs. Add butter to juice 2 pcs @ a time while wisking. If sauce breaks, add more butter
4 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro wisked in a the end
Saute shrimp in extra butter and garlic. Combine with butter sauce. Serve over pasta or rice.

Well, you had up to point of the cilantro - o do I hate that stuff!! Bad Belly Food (old Ind'n term).

Well, you had up to point of the cilantro - o do I hate that stuff!! Bad Belly Food (old Ind'n term).

We cook extremely simple meals compared to many here. Meat, vegetables, salads, but no fancy sauces or complex dishes. Just simple eaters.

Greetings,
Mt. T. Interesting about your reaction to cilantro. You must have the genetic slip that causes a bad taste reaction the herb. Yes, a person's perception of the taste IS genetic. About 25% of the populations has this single nuclear polymorphism in respect to cilantro.

Greetings,
Mt. T. Interesting about your reaction to cilantro. You must have the genetic slip that causes a bad taste reaction the herb. Yes, a person's perception of the taste IS genetic. About 25% of the populations has this single nuclear polymorphism in respect to cilantro.

Many things impact what we all cook or eat. Food allergies. Gastro conditions. I don't eat spicy foods as I grew up not doing so and they do bother me. Father had bleeding ulcer and our food in our home was based on his stomach condition.

Probably not a surprise but we travel with a very eclectic and varied group of people, all with different tastes and many with different cooking backgrounds. They range from us as basic grillers to one who cooks authentic Spanish dishes, to a great southern cook to a culinary trained gourmet cook to a couple who occasionally cook as a hobby but always fancy, gourmet meals, to lifelong fishermen who don't believe (and they're probably right) that anyone else can cook fish as well as they can. Plus one who has never cooked a meal in her life and doesn't plan on starting now at the age of 50.

Neither my wife or I like to cook. We like to go out to eat even when on the boat.
We are planning on converting the galley to a third stateroom.

Likes - on a Scale of 1 to 10:

3 to 4 - my likes regarding me occasionally cooking in kitchen

8 to 10 - my likes for me often cooking on BBQ - Linda no do that!!

7 to 9 - Linda and me liking to eat my cooked food (sometimes a 10 for my BBQ dishes)

10 ++ - both our likes for Linda's kitchen cooked food!!!

:popcorn:

She cooks the indoor foods soups, oven baking, and stovetop. She uses the crockpot often including a good Crock pot Gumbo recipe. The crock pot runs fine off the inverter and fits tight in the galley sink so it can be loaded up in the morning and at the end of the day the hot meal is ready!
I do the grilling on a Magma round grill, including stir fry and curries, and an occasional Paella.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom