View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 05:24 AM   #17
Bruce B
Guru

Having spent my working life in the business of maintaining autos, I have tools.

Storage is always an issue and my solution is to have a staged approach to tooks.
On our Sabre, there was a tool drawer with some basic tools that was the go to for 90% of my daily mechanical chores. Although I ridiculed that drawer the first time I saw it, I quickly grew to love it!

The second tool set is in a tool bag and includes a set of the tools I might need to go deeper into a project. Metric and SAE wrench rolls (Snap-On of course!), saws, odd pliers, a chisel, my favorite brass hammer, oil filter wrench, nail set and the various odd supplies of sealers, stainless steel safety wire, zip tie assortment, razor blades, files, larger screw drivers etc.

I also keep an electrical bag with a DVO meter, test light, butane solder/heat shrink tool, various wire strippers, crimp tools, cutters and electrical supplies.

Socket sets are kept in their storage boxes. I keep SAE and metric 1/4" sets and 3/8" sets of deep and shallow sockets along with a couple of 1/2" drive sockets as needed. A good set of extensions for 1/4" and 1/2" along with swivels.

I typically keep a cordless drill aboard with a charger and a good drill index.
Tools, glorious tools!
Bruce
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0112.jpg  
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote