Boat Lettering Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a heads up there may be state or fed. if doc. vessel re; size color and placement. When I do safety checks for USCGAUX I find a few boats every year that do not meet the legal requirements. So check with your state and your documentation literature before you finalize keep in mind that the idea is to be able to identify your boat from a distance. Auorra has a nice big name but if it is a documented vessel I might have to flunk it if it does not also include the calling port as noted on doc. papers. What I am saying is there are legal issues in some cases with plastering a name on a boat..

The issue with Aurora, is the light is so bright you can no longer make out the unlighted hailing port painted on below the name.

I like simple. Same lettering on the transom but bigger with port.

Attachments

• IMG_3591.jpg
    IMG_3591.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3592.jpg
    IMG_3592.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 58
I have used both of these sources with excellent results.

Capn Johns Boat Lettering Specializes In Vinyl Boat Lettering Boat Names and Graphics
https://www.boatus.com/boatgraphics/

Both have very nice online tools to help determine font, size, and color. I think the BoatUS site's tool gives you more information as to resultant total size, height etc....

I agree. One of my pet peeves are boat names that are;
a. Impossible to read from a distance
b. Difficult to pronounce.
c. Difficult to understand when heard.

IMO, a primary reason for a boat name is to be able to identify your boat to others. If the name can't be seen or pronounced by another boater, or can't be understood on the radio it is simply inadequate as a name for a vessel.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I used the local Fast Signs for two different boats. Easy Peasy.

I sooooo want to do that on my next boat!!! :socool:

Easy enough. The bigger version of Aurora is sitting in a boathouse in Vancouver BC just waiting for you. I believe the signage is the same as the small boat.

BTW, the small boat has a new name and is located at Elliott Bay Marina in Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom