Part One Of Our Present To Ourselves Arrived Today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
At 5:00pm this afternoon the countdown clock on my computer screen read all zeroes! :D

Then at the front door UPS dropped off a package from HopCar!

Let the planning begin!

Is it Febuary yet! :dance:

Attachments

• Retirement2.jpg
    Retirement2.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 455
  • P1010453.jpg
    P1010453.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 123
Menzies:

Congrats. Retirement is the best job you will ever have! Get right at it!

Congratulation! I am jealous I wish I was in your shoes, if you are wearing shoes :D

Depends how far you are away from retirement. If a year or less then go ahead and get that clock running.

If more, please do not. Don't wish your life away.

There is a lot of enjoyment in working AND playing, rather than wistfully looking forward while you do nothing but work.

Good luck!

At 5:00pm this afternoon the countdown clock on my computer screen read all zeroes! :D

Then at the front door UPS dropped off a package from HopCar!

Let the planning begin!

Is it Febuary yet! :dance:

Congrats. My retirement starts sometime in the next 4 months - sorry no countdown clock. Having a house built is not that exact a science, but it's thereabouts.

What was the gift, the rods, the guide book or the GPS..?

How are your dizzies by the way, Menzies..? I bet they are all gone now. :thumb:

Congrats! Good for you!

How are your dizzies by the way, Menzies..? I bet they are all gone now. :thumb:

Retirement is the best cure to any pain, I am sure Menzies is feeling far better now!
This bring me a question... Were your dizzies caused by the emotion from looking at that countdown coming to 0??? :D

Congrats. My retirement starts sometime in the next 4 months - sorry no countdown clock. Having a house built is not that exact a science, but it's thereabouts.

What was the gift, the rods, the guide book or the GPS..?

The Penn rods and reels and the EPIRB.

The second half of the gift is yet to come and depends on a measurement of the boat tomorrow to see if it will take the purchase! :)

Stay tuned.

Retirement is the best cure to any pain, I am sure Menzies is feeling far better now!
This bring me a question... Were your dizzies caused by the emotion from looking at that countdown coming to 0??? :D

I have decided that drinking a bottle of red seems to offset the vertigo somewhat and actually has me walking straighter! :)

I have decided that drinking a bottle of red seems to offset the vertigo somewhat and actually has me walking straighter! :)

I understand you, I am so used to red that now I am feeling dizzy when not drinking :rofl:

I understand you, I am so used to red that now I am feeling dizzy when not drinking :rofl:
That suggests a quite different problem.:)
Does Canada produce wine? The Okanagan Valley in BC?

Yup most known are from BC and ON. White wine can be honestly very good (it is hard for a french to admit this lol). On the red side it is a bit more limited (no offense here please), while some are good, climate allow less cepage type than let say France. After it is the same in any country, some good some not and it would not be fair to compare a country with 200+ years of wine productin with one with 50 years.

The Gulf Islands wine region climate is similar to Germany's lower Rhine valley, hence the success of more varieties of white than red.

Congrats on your retirement, Menzies! Like you, I had a countdown timer app on my phone in my last year of work. It's still there, but now it's a count-up timer since retirement. It shows I've been retired for 1519 days! Gotta love it!

19 years retired but who's counting?:popcorn:

Al:oldman:

Retirement life is good, though sometimes I feel like I'm working harder, especially on the boat getting her ready for the next trip.
A bad day on the boat is still much better than a good day working!
Cheers bud, just cracked the Pendleton, toasting to ya!

Retirement life is good, though sometimes I feel like I'm working harder, especially on the boat getting her ready for the next trip.
A bad day on the boat is still much better than a good day working!
Cheers bud, just cracked the Pendleton, toasting to ya!

I'm looking forward to that kind of "work". ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom