Pan Pan Crewwatcher.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stubones99

Guru
Have you guys seen this?

https://crewwatcher.com/

It's another MOB beacon using your tablet / smartphone and bluetooth. When it gets wet, you get an alert with the location and help to get back to MOB location...

Looks fairly well priced too!

Stu

Interesting!
The problem I see is that although it will take you back to the point of loss, there is no guarantee that the MOB is still at that point if there is current.
Bruce

Interesting!
The problem I see is that although it will take you back to the point of loss, there is no guarantee that the MOB is still at that point if there is current.
Bruce

Still, it certainly reduces the search radius!

Interesting!
Bruce
Still the base line for searching is the point of MOB. Current and wind have to be figured from a known starting point.

unless you're a major cruise line and can steam on for 16 hours before someone is reported missing, it should probably give you more info than you had before.

This appears to be a preliminary product, so while it is in Bluetooth range, it might feed multiple GPS hits, so you have some idea of the drift of the currents. If they use BLE, they could have up to 90 feet transmission range so if you're searching, the connect will tell you when the device is within 90' even if it's pitch black.

On a pet, I would also suggest a pet life jacket too...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom