Backup Cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Geordie MacRae
Vessel Make
Marben 37
Anyone have any experience with backup cameras?* I'd like to mount one on my pilothouse trawler to cover a blind spot at the stern.

If you go to the "Search" button in the header and search "Cameras"* there are several past articles that may help you.

Other wise email me private and I will explain the one I have.

I installed the AGSAFE (http://www.agsafecamera.com) camera's for back up camera's and engine room camera's.* They are rugged, waterproof and 12vdc, built for large farm equipment.* The system was cheaper than the ones built specifically for boats.

Thanks for your reply.* I'll check it out.

JCW.* Thanks for your reply.* I checked out the website and their equipment seems to be pretty close to what I am looking for.* The sell a package called the HaulSafe which is intended for the trucking industry.* Is this the unit that you have?* The monitor seems a little small to judge distances behind the boat.* Do you have any comments about that?

http://www.agsafecamera.com/order_info.html , I bought this basic AGSAFE system at first.* The display is small, but it has several output options to send the image to a TV or PC Monitor.* The mounts are powder coated steel and adjustable. I intend to mount another camera on my radar arch to look forward from "up High".

Doug, that's some handsome boat you have.

Thanks JCW.* I'll contact the company and talk to them about it.

Regards;

Doug

Thanks, Guru.* She's a 1980 Marbin.* We bought her in Sitka AK and have owned her for 5 years now.* We spent 4 months aboard her in SE Alaka last year and loved every minute of it.**

Geordie MacRae wrote:
*She's a 1980 Marbin.**
******* ??????????? What's a Marbin?

Marben was a company in Seattle that built commercial fishing boats out of fiberglass.* This particular boat was build by a man for his personal yacht.* He bought the hull, then built the house of fiberglass-covered wood.* She is 37 ft. long and is powered by a Ford Lehman 120.* We are the third owners and she has been extensively traveled on both the east and west coasts.* Once in awhile we meet a commercial fisherman who recognizes the Marben hull.* I don't know how many Marbens were built but this is the only one that*was finished as*a yacht.*

Doug, can you show us a photo of your boat's underbody?

Mark

-- Edited by markpierce on Monday 9th of May 2011 01:55:57 PM

Attachments

• prop ppropeller 1.jpg
    prop ppropeller 1.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 85
Are these backup cameras reversed to replicate the view as if looking in a rear-view mirror? I'd get confused if they were normal video.

FlyWright wrote:
Are these backup cameras reversed to replicate the view as if looking in a rear-view mirror? I'd get confused if they were normal video.
*The Speco*CVC-627MR comes either way.* The MR is the one I have and is reverse but the CVC-627 is not reverse.* With the reverse it is just like standing on the upper deck and looking down at the swim platform.* Works real well.

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=641

Hi Guru.*

I replied to you question earlier but apparently it did not take.* Marben built commercial fishing boats in Seattle some years back.* They were fiberglass and the most common size was 37 ft.** Our boat was built by a man who bought the bare hull, then finished the boat in wood covered with fiberglass.* It has a Ford Lehman 120 in it.*

Every once in awhile*I meet a fisherman who knows the Marbin boats.**Apparently there are*still a few around.* Ours is the only one that was built as a private yacht.*

Doug

The Agsafe backup camera that I have installed can be reveresed or flipped upside down for mounting the camera upside down.

Hi Mark.*

You asked for a picture of the underbody of our boat.* Unfortunately I do not have one to show you, but I was looking at the photo of your underbody and it is very similar to ours, with a long, rather deep keel.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Geordie MacRae wrote:
Hi Mark.*

You asked for a picture of (our) underbody ...* Unfortunately I do not have one to show you, but I was looking at the photo of your underbody and it is very similar to ours...
*This thread is starting to get rather personal...
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom