Electric Grill (Kenyon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Anyone have the Electric Grill that is available as an option on the Swift Trawler 44? I believe it is made by Kenyon.

If you have one, how does it perform?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, I have one in boxes in my PH right now. I will try to fire it up this weekend and let you know.

That said, my engineer is the one who recommended it - he takes pride in his cooking and used it (Kenyon Frontier) for steaks, fresh fish, etc., during cruises in Mexico and he said it performed superbly, lots of ability to season food while cooking, easy clean and many other side benefits. These include usability both indoor and outdoor, no smoke to bug neighbors in nearby slips at the marina, and marinas like the fact that it poses much less of a hazard during use. I did my own checking up where I could and found reviews on Amazon are quite good, FWIW.

Got mine (the Frontier, portable) on sale for around $1200 with side tray, cover and griddle, free shipping, direct from Kenyon. Paying my engineer to run the wiring for mounting on the cockpit rail. He advised me to skip the added costs of the remote and just walk a few extra steps to the unit itself. Although this weekend I'll probably just set it on the table in the salon, plug it in and use it right there. Will keep you posted and try to remember to take photos. Might depend on how hungry I am at the time.

Craig

Last edited:
Mike, I have one in boxes in my PH right now. I will try to fire it up this weekend and let you know.

That said, my engineer is the one who recommended it - he takes pride in his cooking and used it (Kenyon Frontier) for steaks, fresh fish, etc., during cruises in Mexico and he said it performed superbly, lots of ability to season food while cooking, easy clean and many other side benefits. These include usability both indoor and outdoor, no smoke to bug neighbors in nearby slips at the marina, and marinas like the fact that it poses much less of a hazard during use. I did my own checking up where I could and found reviews on Amazon are quite good, FWIW.

Got mine (the Frontier, portable) on sale for around $1200 with side tray, cover and griddle, free shipping, direct from Kenyon. Paying my engineer to run the wiring for mounting on the cockpit rail. He advised me to skip the added costs of the remote and just walk a few extra steps to the unit itself. Although this weekend I'll probably just set it on the table in the salon, plug it in and use it right there. Will keep you posted and try to remember to take photos. Might depend on how hungry I am at the time.

Craig

Thanks Craig! I'll keep an eye out. Looks like I can get the one that I believe comes as an option on the Beneteau for $680, so not too bad. Since it is optional and my boat does not have it, I am wondering if it might at least be pre-wired. I am heading up to Point Roberts to take the boat down to Seattle this weekend, so I will check. In any case, let me know what you think. Much appreciated!

No Lid Electric Grill - Kenyon International, Inc.Kenyon International, Inc.

Best,
Mike

Good deal. I think that this "no lid" grill would work in the case of a fixed mount on a covered or enclosed sundeck, should be fine on the ST44 aft deck/cockpit. Not sure where they put them. Per Kenyon "The open-air, lidless design of the Frontier B70060 grill is ideal for smaller patios or on boat decks, since you can access the grill from either side, without the hindrance of a large lid." A lid is available for purchase separately, so you can use the grill either way. In my Frontier, the lid is on there, like it or not. Fine with me.

Congrats on your successful purchase! Heard many really good things about the ST. Hope your trip goes well - it will be a New Years holiday to remember, for sure.

Last edited:
Not sure where they put them.

On the ST44 it goes up on the flybridge where this guy is touching, under a fiberglass hinged cover, hence the no lid. For cooking, having a lid is definitely better. Kenyon has the silicon lid that collapses, which looks really interesting!

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. Yup, should be a New Year's to remember. Just wish it wasn't going to be so cold. Although, that should make it more memorable!

By the way, love the lines of your Nordlund. Pretty boat.

Best,
Mike

9c60887be19cc3b831ca2f72bbe03996.jpg

Oh.. found it.... But you probably knew... Upper deck cooking station, has a built-in hinged cover

Ha ha, we found similar pics. Seems like I would just have to cut the fiberglass out using a template I assume they supply. And if it is pre-wired, piece of cake. Murphy's Law states that it will NOT be pre-wired... :banghead:

Ha! Yeah, I deleted my pic, no reason to use up the forum storage space needlessly.

If it is not pre-wired, the smurf tubing/wiring structure should (hopefully) be there to make running the wiring itself pretty easy. I doubt it will be hard to do. If you need someone else to do the glass work, ask around the marina where you will live - someone probably knows someone who works at a yard who is talented enough to get side work, outside the yard, at about half what you'd pay at the yard where s/he works.

Thanks for the compliment! Yeah, I was easily seduced. "There's always a siren, singing you to shipwreck..." (Thom Yorke, Radiohead.)

Last edited:
Ha! Yeah, I deleted my pic, no reason to use up the forum storage space needlessly.

If it is not pre-wired, the smurf tubing/wiring structure should (hopefully) be there to make running the wiring itself pretty easy. I doubt it will be hard to do. If you need someone else to do the glass work, ask around the marina where you will live - someone probably knows someone who works at a yard who is talented enough to get side work, outside the yard, at about half what you'd pay at the yard where s/he works.

Thanks for the tips! I'll see what's under there. Actually, the bridge is coming off Tuesday, so that will make it even easier.

We have Kenyon Grills, although the lidded versions. Love their grills. Like the company too.

Back
Top Bottom