Just got on board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maui

Vessel Name
JustUs
Vessel Make
38 Californian
Hi All, This is a wonderful site with an amazing amount of insightful and sometimes sarcastic knowledge. I spent the last five years dreaming and the last three months looking for a trawler. Took a trip to Florida and learned a lot. Read through here as issues came up. When I got home I found a 1982 38' Californian with a cockpit aft right in my own backyard. Great shape. Twin 3208 Cats. Everything checked out and I bought is for a song last week. She's on the hard and I look forward to spending the next five winter months sanding and varnishing and making her beautiful. God heard me and blessed me with my dream to have a boat I can work on and live aboard all summer! I'm looking to put a door in the transom, build a larger leak swim platform, and add Europa style sides and extend the cockpit hardtop back 3' so I have shade and can get a dingy up there. Oh, yea, I guess I have to build a mast and boom. Kinda ambitious. But I love planing, researching, designing, and building. Thank you all at Trawler Forum, my brothers and sisters at sea, you make it fun and easy.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us.

Welcome Maui and show us pictures of your progress.

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the new boat.

Ted

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Sarcastic knowledge? Never.

giphy.gif

Welcome and congrats Maui,

You are going to love your Californian! We all want to see before and after pics please.

Cheers, Bill

I look forward to spending the next five winter months sanding and varnishing and making her beautiful. God heard me and blessed me with my dream to have a boat I can work on ect., etc......!

It's darned good that we start out that way! We're gonna remember you said that in a few years when you post a new thread titled: "Painting over teak exterior trim"! Seriously though, it sounds like a great boat to celebrate with, and welcome aboard TF!

Welcome home Maui! I swear, I will never be sarcastic with you... or am I already :D

Welcome aboard. I'd also like to see some pics.

Just figured out how to set up an album on my profile. How do yo put pictures in a message?

Learning fast

Ahh, advanced settings. Playing around with photo shop. Kinda like the dark blue hull. I wrapped my 20' ski boat in viny three years ago still looks brand new Wrapping a 38 footer could be fun. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5934.jpg
    IMG_5934.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 81
Welcome aboard, Maui! Looks like you just found a diamond in the 'not-so-rough'. Your boat looks like mine, but on steroids. It's a great layout for single-handing from the lower helm.

Is it a late 70's Marshall Californian?

Its a 1982. I think Wellcraft built the Marshall design.

Welcome to TF. Great group here.

Back
Top Bottom