1972 Gulfstar 36 Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nodestination

Vessel Name
No Destination
Vessel Make
1972 GulfStar Trawler 36
Tomorrow I am going to look at 1972 Gulfstar 36. Does any one know if the hull is cored or solid fiberglass. I would not expect cored hull at that year, but I read that some did had cored hull. It was not specific if the core was only above water line. Any info will be helpful. Thanks.

Tomorrow I am going to look at 1972 Gulfstar 36. Does any one know if the hull is cored or solid fiberglass. I would not expect cored hull at that year, but I read that some did had cored hull. It was not specific if the core was only above water line. Any info will be helpful. Thanks.

Mine is solid glass. I doubt they changed the layup and I would assume all MK1 and MK2 are all solid glass.

Look for soft decks and the other usual stuff. Good boats!

Well, it is solid glass and I purchase this boat. I am stuck in Daytona and hopefully go back to Green Cove Spring tomorrow. Had issue with steering - fixed, but the fuel is bad. Change all fuel filters. Tomorrow morning I will top of the fuel tang and " on the road". I hope that I make in 2 days. Wish me luck - I am going to need that.

Can you rig up a couple 20 gal temporary tanks and perhaps borrow some jerry cans? I would think the time and expense of a couple portable fuel tanks and hassle of refilling them constantly would be more palatable than fighting clogged filters the whole way.

Just got the fuel clean up. To late to go so we will get going early morning.My head hoses are block so I got emergency 5gallons bucket. I hope that I will not have to use it.

Congratulations on your new boat and best of luck on your journey home.

What a trip!!!!!. We started at 7am on 23trd from Daytona beach. At 13:30 we stop at St. Augustine to fill the tank and head out. At 20:30 that day, we dock at Jacksonville landing. Got some food and went to sleep. Wake up at 6am on 24th. The fog was so dense, we could not see the RR bridge. At 8am we begin to see the bridge and decided to go for. Using the RCA tablet and Opencpn software all the way to Green Cove Springs where we arrive at 12 noon. I will never again go in that dense fog. My friend have a lot more experience and I trusted his judgement. He have 40 feet MT and just complete the "Great Loop". Happy to be home again.

Congratulations on a safe delivery and to your continued recovery from the recent unpleasantness.

Truly a Merry Christmas for you indeed. Welcome home.

Thank you all. Trying to change my avatar. I did upload the photo, but the old one still coming on. Will try latter - slow internet.

Back
Top Bottom