Charter Outfit Recommendation in BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GANDK2PNW

Veteran Member
Hello again,
Before we even decide on buying a trawler of any kind, we're looking to charter 40-45' for a week or so to get familiar with the area, and the lifestyle in general.
Can anyone recommend chartering companies they have used with positive or negative experiences.
(it's just as important to know who or what to stay the heck away from, right? :eek:
Some of the outfits I've seen online seem to have a limited choice of vessels. We may do a trip in mid/late spring, and again in late summer
Thank you for your help!
Gustavo & Kelly

Just a suggestion, by don't limit yourselves to BC charter outfits. There are 2 or 3 very nice charter companies located just south of BC in the area around Anacortes, WA. I don't know what they would say about you wanting to take their boat north across the border, but I'd bet you wouldn't be the first ones to do that.

ABC Yacht Charters, Anacortes Yacht Charters are two of the more widely known.

Thank you, GFC.
We chose BC for a couple of reasons:
We some very basic knowledge the geography in BC after a couple of 1 week vacations to Campbell River and Alert Bay
The currency exchange if favorable
Some of those BC charter cos. offer trawler handling training.

Desolation Sound Yacht Charters. Nice people, somewhat limited yacht selection.

Desolation Sound Yacht Charters. Nice people, somewhat limited yacht selection.

Yes, we used this outfit. It's an easy day of travel to Desolation Sound from Comox. They offer both captained and bar boat charters as well as instruction. You are on the right track by doing some bareboat charters before purchasing.

JD

I know you meant bare boat charters... but a bar charter sounds more interesting and worth a trip to BC!

GandK, there's a great magazine called Northwest Yachting that is published out of Seattle. Each month they have a special section that covers some aspect of PNW boating.

This month's section happens to be chartering in the PNW. If you would like to, PM me with your address info. I'll take the pages out of the magazine and send them to you. There's a ton of info in there about charter companies, many of which I had not heard of before.

Mike

Cooperboating.com is the larger charter operation in BC. I've never chartered with them. The boats appear to be well maintained.

Back
Top Bottom