New long range cruising brand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgive me for beginning the day on a negative note but that thing is simply not attractive!
Sometimes I react negatively to a design and given time, I will come around but this one is a stretch. I will be interested in seeing what others think...
Bruce

Forgive me for beginning the day on a negative note but that thing is simply not attractive!
Sometimes I react negatively to a design and given time, I will come around but this one is a stretch. I will be interested in seeing what others think...
Bruce

I personally find traditional design, therefore, acquired the NT. design line in Europe is of this type of vessel. Azimunt mangelon, Cranchi eco trawler, Delta Power Boats, Green line etc. claimed by Skandinaviska luxsus hotel interior. maybe I'm old-fashioned and therefore not my thing. fuel consumption and high-speed I might want for her?

How does your new tug:smitten: progress has been made? Point the new year and get him in the spring.

The new Tug is moving along... engine has been fitted and is now out again for final dressing of the mounting platforms.
We should get her in late March or early April!
Bruce

I can appreciate the design

Hi North Baltic:
All respect to Bruce, but I like the vessel (the trawler version). Hull design is somewhat similar to the Great Harbour TT35 that we have ordered... fuel efficiency is a wonderful thing.

Above the hull, it is my opinion that the 360 degree line of sight is often overlooked by boat designers who create a single-helm vessel. I can see how the huge windows make her look less than traditional, but I like them. And with that number of solar panels on the roof, I can envision weeks away from a dock.

Her modern interior is very European, but appears to be very well planned. Huge stateroom. I always find it interesting to see what different naval architects think will appeal to the new boat buyers market. Thanks for sharing this brand.

Pea

Hi North Baltic:
All respect to Bruce, but I like the vessel (the trawler version). Hull design is somewhat similar to the Great Harbour TT35 that we have ordered... fuel efficiency is a wonderful thing.

Above the hull, it is my opinion that the 360 degree line of sight is often overlooked by boat designers who create a single-helm vessel. I can see how the huge windows make her look less than traditional, but I like them. And with that number of solar panels on the roof, I can envision weeks away from a dock.

Her modern interior is very European, but appears to be very well planned. Huge stateroom. I always find it interesting to see what different naval architects think will appeal to the new boat buyers market. Thanks for sharing this brand.

Pea

Congratulations to the new boat!:flowers:

An interesting acquaintance for your upcoming GH. Handling children to play with two machines far apart. In addition to an indoor area larger if I see correctly. when the ship is aging, the possible unpleasant smells outside in the back.

No matter the looks, how does one come up with the "long range" portion of the description when tankage is less than 400 gals.

No matter the looks, how does one come up with the "long range" portion of the description when tankage is less than 400 gals.

Marketing!

Really, is there a distance definition for LRC? I would think LRC means ability to do 2000 miles with full tanks.

I got two fuel totals from the website, the other being 460 US gallons. They claim 3400nm @7.5 knots and/or 1750nm @ 10 knots with a 230hp 6 cylinder Steyr engine.

Original Post stated 2.6 gph at 10 knots. Given a Fuel tankage of 375 gals. and then applying the math I come up with a estimated range of about 1300 miles. I guess marketing does indeed influence the LRC designation.

Geez, this is a tough crowd. Not everybody is smitten with NA logic where tankage has to be trans Pacific. LRC is indeed an area specific term. Check out trans Med or across the English channel or from Oslo to Copenhagen. European LRC of 1000 nm or so works for me.

Not all of the world has cheap fuel either. Heck I use it for ballast!

I'll take rich and romatic over "homogenized" every time, but realize I'm a dying breed.

The Trawler version has some features that look pretty nice. As with most boats, if it was me I would have made compromises a bit differently. Still, I like the view and the efficiency.

Original Post stated 2.6 gph at 10 knots. Given a Fuel tankage of 375 gals. and then applying the math I come up with a estimated range of about 1300 miles. I guess marketing does indeed influence the LRC designation.

We are in a "post-truth" era.

I'm not sold on the looks of the boat either. The "verticalness" of hull puts me off. I like curved lines, but straight lines are cheaper to build, and appear to be the current trend.

Last edited:
I don't think the styling is too terribly bad. Beneteau and Jeanneau are right in line with this styling. You do get a lot of space from the squareness of everything. I do remember seeing a Jeanneau powerboat at a boat show. I think it was the 34. I absolutely love how these boats interiors open up to the aft deck. The 34 had a convertible piece of furniture that flipped around and made the aft deck huge and comfortable(while at the same time compromising the interior space...but you aren't using it at that moment anyway).
Anyway, I am one of those boaters that still enjoys....BOATING. It is whatever gets you out on the water that is important....and I don't care if it is a crappy $2000 22ft Bayliner(no offense to my Bayliner friends....I just had one particular model in mind).

I like the open design created with the large amounts of glass, I like the efficient hull design, and the modern clean interior.

Would like to see more range, and more details on the build - but right now I'm having a tough time accessing the company web site for some reason. The Youtube videos look good. Seems ideal for the Med.

Specs - The boat is light and narrow , looking at the hull profile and the head on hull shapes makes one wonder about the resulting sea keeping.

Light and narrow are the best building blocks of efficiency. Heavy on the light (pun intended).

I like the looks of this boat and I like eyeshulman's boat as well. Boats of this general design have been designed and built for a long time. Think of the very popular boat in it's day ... Mathews.

fuel efficiency is a wonderful thing.

At what cost?

That boat would cost several hundred thousand more than my 60ft trawler.
It burns 10 lph and I burn 15 lph.

On the miles we do the difference between that and mine gives me several lifetimes worth of fuel ;)

At what cost?

That boat would cost several hundred thousand more than my 60ft trawler.
It burns 10 lph and I burn 15 lph.

On the miles we do the difference between that and mine gives me several lifetimes worth of fuel ;)

And a heavily modified Mustang will beat a stock Corvette's ass!!!!....apples to oranges!!!

And a heavily modified Mustang will beat a stock Corvette's ass!!!!....apples to oranges!!!
They are both sports cars and if the speed limit is 100kph what sense is there in paying exhorbitant amounts extra for something that can't realisticly be used?

But, your example doesn't really have much to do with paying a large price to save a small amount of fuel.

They are both sports cars and if the speed limit is 100kph what sense is there in paying exhorbitant amounts extra for something that can't realisticly be used?

But, your example doesn't really have much to do with paying a large price to save a small amount of fuel.

My point is if you are buying a new boat, then compare it to a new boat. I know people that say "I could buy a Honda CRX(or whatever brand/model) and spend x amount of dollars and it will be faster than a stock Corvette and spend only half the money"....and my reply is...."SO what.". You are making the same type of argument.

Last edited:
I do not know the boat better, I'm also not a fan of his, I'm also a sales man this boat! information, come from the web. Variables world and the developments taking place across the board, because good idea to keep your eyes open?

Price approx. 348 ~ 000 € 368 $ 000 -25% of the EU tax US residents (I imagine). the boat is light, because shanwids vacuum laminated (infusion). the body will become very stiff, weak, of course, the lamination thickness, for example, when driving in stone. Someone said that the LRC is not a boat, 10 knots 1600 nautical miles and 7.5 knots 3100 nautical miles to 10% Marginal, who dares to estimate how many miles 6.5 knots? The boat is built in the ocean (na), there is a SD ocean hull boats, although a number of FD owners say that is not good (Elling, Fleming, etc.)

Here you real LRC boat from Finland which exceeded the two-man crew of the ocean, not really FD but more than 1,700 nautical miles ocean and weather windows no knowledge:)

My point is if you are buying a new boat, then compare it to a new boat. I know people that say "I could buy a Honda CRX(or whatever brand/model) and spend x amount of dollars and it will be faster than a stock Corvette and spend only half the money"....and my reply is...."SO what.". You are making the same type of argument.

And I'll toss in a comment that everything must not "make sense" to another person or be financially justifiable. If you expect that then no boat makes sense. If a Corvette with the largest available engine is the car of one's dream and they can afford it then it makes perfect sense. Things only have to make sense to one person, the one doing them. People don't have to justify their choices.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom