Under boat tree this year.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Got this spiffy Mantus 45 for $337 at the St Pete Boat Show. Assembly was required and the bolt holes didn't line up, but she's together! :thumb: What's under your tree this year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 120
lol, I love it. It would be fun to see anchor video of it in action.

Best stay well clear of IKEA stores.:)

Nobody will get in your way when you're cruising with that on the bow,

Rtfm

I thought that too, but I wasn't smart enough to know what RTFM meant without looking it up. I did get the jest though. LMAO

:blush::facepalm::thumb:

Looks backwards to me. RTFM!

Oh,,,what the heck was I thinking. Turned that shank piece around and the bolt holes lined up fine. We got this now.:banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 85
Can't wait for Eric's commentary.

LOL!!!!!!!! Everyone knows the shank goes THROUGH the hula hoop. :eek: :facepalm: :D :flowers:

Upside down AND backwards! :facepalm:

*Note to self: anchor upwind of Manatee's. Them guy's aren't right in the head!

Waiting for version 3.
Never ever go to IKEA.

OMG Say it ain't true. Not another anchor threat awwwwwwww

Attachments

• OUTHOUSE%20II.jpg
    OUTHOUSE%20II.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 79
  • SAFETY%20FIRST.jpg
    SAFETY%20FIRST.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 72
Got this spiffy Mantus 45 for $337 at the St Pete Boat Show. Assembly was required and the bolt holes didn't line up, but she's together! :thumb: What's under your tree this year.

Perhaps the holes would line up if you assembled it correctly?

Just saying

:)

Let us know how it works.

C`mon, where`s the next version. There`s a swan in there somewhere.

The reason I never purchase anything unassembled.

But if you buy several anchors that need assembly, you can mix and match parts to come up with the perfect anchor.

Beats cutting and welding and grinding like some do all the time....:D

Best part is...when you discover the original design is really better, you can switch the parts back to the right anchor and all is well in anchorworld.... :thumb:

Last edited:
Gee, I feel kind of silly, but following an old trick I learned from Hopcar, I just kept turning the parts until I found at least two bolt holes that lined up. That's all there was to it! Is this thing going to look great on my bow pulpit or what?:thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 55
Bolt on a couple Fortress parts in there, you might triple the holding power in mud..:D

Now that you got it right, don't forget to go back and weld up those "spare" holes. Maybe weld it all up so it won't ever loosen up.

Nope. Don't weld it. Put lots of silicone on one side a lots of 3M 5200 on the other. Try to mush them together through the remaining holes to get the best bond.

Do NOT put any 5200 on it as even at the end of 300' of chain it's still too close to the boat.

"stay away from IKEA."

OMG am I slow, I just got it. Now to catch my breath.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom