...And another...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fortunately, we still have those who have been our companions over these past year & who are still looking after us.

Joan Baez 75th Birthday Celebration. She duets with Paul Simon on 'The Boxer', Saturday, January 27, 2016.

Sorry for the poor-quality of video & sound which I captured with a phone from my TV screen. I had such a great pleasure to watch the live concert on TV then I wanted to share my own video record, you can access the full version on YouTube.

Paris. February 8th 2017

Attachments

• IMG_9755.jpg
    IMG_9755.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 71
Paul and Art in Central Park NYC 1985 or 1986. Raining cats and dogs - was a wonderful experience.

Leonard Cohen passes at age 83. I loved his style and would listen sometimes just to hear the great Hammond B3 such as in Hallelugah. RIP, Leonard.

An especially poignant song for those of us at a certain age.

Another old rocker passed away a few months ago. Joe Cocker. Here he sings a down beat Van Morrison song Into the Mystic. Some great acoustic guitar work by the way.

Message to young folks, it's not that I'm old, your music really does suck.
I've got tickets to see Art Garfunkel in February. He's playing in a small theater in Homestead Florida. He better do Bridge or I'll want my money back.

Message to young folks, it's not that I'm old, your music really does suck.

Not to them.

Each generation has to have their own sound. Usually designed to get under the skin of the previous generation. It usually works.

I thought I was open minded enough that my daughter would have a hard time coming up with music that would grate on my nerves. Not so. Try taking a long auto trip with Japanese Pop and/or Japanese Grunge Rock blasting on the stereo. I really can't understand what they are saying. And I don't care. But she loves it.

Reminds me of when my father would retch about the Doors or Cream and couldn't understand why big band music made me vomit. Still does.

I read that Mark Knopfler was having a concert at the amphitheater in St. Augustine. Since my grandson is in college there, I sent him a message with some links to Mark's music. Thinking he needed exposure to some good music, I offered to buy two concert tickets for him.

He said, "thanks, Grandad, but those tickets are expensive: and it's not really our kind of music". What's that saying about leading a horse to water?:banghead:

I think all music has value. We had a country music legend pass several months ago, George Jones. Here he is singing one of the greatest country songs of all times. It has everything love, heartbreak, talking lyrics and death everything but pickup trucks.

George was just George. I will never forget hearing a radio interview on public radio. I had just turned on I-66 from I-81. The interviewer asked George how did he get the nickname Possum. George said, "Are you kidding? I look like a possum".

By request. Seldom will you see this much talent gathered.

No particular reason, but this is for Pilou. I saw this group in concert 15 or 20 years ago. It seems most if not all the members are still with the group. I loved the sound of that big guitar.

Yesterday we lost Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. Only 69 years old. And Mick Jagger is a father again at 73.

I don;t think anyone has mentioned the passing of Glenn Frey this past summer. He was a founder of one of the greatest groups in recent times----The Eagles. I just heard one of his songs, and thought what a great talent he was. RIP, Glenn, and many thanks for the enjoyment you contributed to us.

I don;t think anyone has mentioned the passing of Glenn Frey this past summer. He was a founder of one of the greatest groups in recent times----The Eagles. I just heard one of his songs, and thought what a great talent he was. RIP, Glenn, and many thanks for the enjoyment you contributed to us.

You had to know this was coming!

https://youtu.be/-JlmvtAHhnc

English singer, Peter Sarstedt of "I`ll buy you one more frozen orange juice on this fantastic day" & "Where do you go to my lovely" fame, dead at 75.

I read that Mark Knopfler was having a concert at the amphitheater in St. Augustine. Since my grandson is in college there, I sent him a message with some links to Mark's music. Thinking he needed exposure to some good music, I offered to buy two concert tickets for him.

He said, "thanks, Grandad, but those tickets are expensive: and it's not really our kind of music". What's that saying about leading a horse to water?:banghead:

Sorry I'm late to the party on this one.

Don, there may be hope. We saw Mark Knopfler at Chastain in Atlanta a few years ago and, of course, he was incredible. As we followed a couple of teenage boys out of the venue, I felt pretty righteous when one turned to the other and said with conviction, "Damn, that old dude can play!!!"

I do hate to see some of these phenomenal talents passing. At the same time, given the "excesses" back in the day, some of them were lucky to live as long as they did.

And I loved every minute of it. Sadly it was life-shortening for some.

Back
Top Bottom