Pineapple Girl
Moderator Emeritus

City: San Jose, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl 3
Vessel Model: Silverton 38c
RE: Summer Homes

Quote:
Dswizzler wrote:
We just moved out boat about 60 miles from Alameda, Ca. *to Pittsburg, Ca*to get alittle closer to the warm days and warmer waters*in the California Delta. The winter was really nice in the* SF Bay. Blue skies and generally nicer weather. But unless you are in a blow boat the Bay is much less fun in the summer once the clouds come in and the wind picks up.

Just wondering how many folks relocate their boats by the seasons ? Or do most folks just boat close to home except for a week or two ? I'm looking at staying up this way till October. Makes for a nice long summer season.
I am so glad to hear you are doing this as I want to know how it goes.* I think my husband is going to put off our grand adventure of shipping our boat back East for the Great Loop for a few years (he is worried about his mom's health) so I told him just the other day that I want to leave our boat on the Delta next summer.* I am not sure WHERE.* I am really interested to hear how you like Pittsburgh and how hot it is.* We really love our marina and all our buddies there but I sure like the idea of a getaway and the wind gets way old.* Even when we had a sailboat we got sick of the wind.* We'll be cruising into Pittsburg in July and will look for you.
Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote