Any professional of compressor fridge ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

101TUG

Vessel Name
Soler Fox
Vessel Make
Selene 62
I have question and impossible to find online.
I have fridge with BD35F compressor unit, can I relocalized 2' up to the fridge ?:confused:

Freon hoses are long enough but I'm concerne about oil return !!!

Hugues

Tug: I think you want to relocate the compressor 2ft. vertically higher than the manufacturer put it. Your concern is that the compressor oil willl stay in the low section and not lubricate the compressor itself. Good question.

I am talking about a custom refrigerator/freezer with Sea Freeze and the drawing we are working from has the compressor mounted in a cabinet about 8 inches above the freezer section and a couple of feet above the refrigerator. They didn't think anything of that type of arrangement. Why would the oil collect in the low section?

Tom

I am talking about a custom refrigerator/freezer with Sea Freeze and the drawing we are working from has the compressor mounted in a cabinet about 8 inches above the freezer section and a couple of feet above the refrigerator. They didn't think anything of that type of arrangement. Why would the oil collect in the low section?

Tom

you have oil on compressor mixed with freon, compressor is normally down on system and oil going back to compressor.

if compressor is on top the compressor in some case don't have enough power to lift oil up to compressor and oil stay on evaporator.

So at the end I don't toke risk I put same level :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom