View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 03:46 PM   #1
nodestination

City: Green Cove Springs,FL
Vessel Name: No Destination
Vessel Model: 1972 GulfStar Trawler 36
Burn boats in Green Cove Springs marina

Like they said in "old elpaso" - shi..happens, but most was the "hurry up" and bypass some safety procedures. On 19th this month, 3 guys preparing twin gasoline engine power boat for towing 2 salvage boats from St.Augustine. It was getting late when they fill up the tanks. Then they found out that one of the tanks was leaking. They got large external tank, set up on back deck and begin transfering the fuel from the leaking boat. I was in my boat in next slip when I hear and felt explosion - the boat just blew up. I went out to see what happen and saw the boat on fire - wind was blowing toward my boat. Run inside and grab my dog - Lucky. Try to untied my boat and get out of the flame way, but had too many lines(6). It was too hot and I had to get out. From distance, I watch my life burn out. The fire trucks arrive and put water on burning boats. They fill up my boat and the boat sunk. I had only liability insurance. Lesson learn - do not park next to gasoline boat.
https://www.gofundme.com/green-cove-...1689776&pos=23 link to gofundme page if interested. Right now, I am in motel and waiting on a boat.
nodestination is offline   Reply With Quote