change to boat nomenclature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al

Guru
Vessel Name
'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Make
1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
:flowers:Messing about on the internet seeking any current news or Marben constructed boats for sale and came across an old posting where the description of the type of craft I have was reflected as the following: 27' Marben Marine Fly Bridge Sedan:thumb: I like that!! It surely resembles this description and sounds so very impressive!!! Sort of very large corporations tend to have short names, such as 'AJAX' where smaller companies have names such as: 'The Great Far West Fishing/canning/processing company LLC'. Now with that frame of mind, I will have the sense of 'Being' as I tool down the channel in my 'Fly Bridge Sedan'.
I may as I fly the Confederate Battle flag on the bow,:facepalm: play a bit of Dixie on the outside speakers to bring attention to what a 'Fly Bridge Sedan' is.:D

Al-Ketchikan- 27' Marben Marine Fly Bridge Sedan

Is a Fly Bridge Sedan a sedan with a Fly Bridge but without a hard top ?

:flowers:Why Not!! It works for me Heck I don't have any top!!:eek: It's me and the rain, wind , and sun, (Not so much Sun here):lol:

Fly Bridge Sedan? You mean its not a Gentleman's Motor Cruiser after all?

If Ketchikan is anything like Kitimat in late spring, you should call it a Horse Fly Bridge Sedan :D

Now I like that thinking!! It has a romantic rhythm to it.:flowers: Horse fly's (Murray) are not as prevalent here, more wind to keep them abated.
However, in the spirit of identity, I am adding 'Pocket' back into the nomenclature to retain the acknowledgement of being a dinky boat:speed boat:

Al Ketchikan- 27' Marben Pocket Marine fly bridge sedan.:dance:

Hmmm, guess I could call mine a Gentleman's Trawler. Now all I need to do is be a gentleman. :ermm:

Ted

I must have a fly-bridge sedan (with a tent) :socool:. No Horse flies on me :ermm:.

My Trojan F32 was a "fly bridge sedan." I don't think anyone ever put a hard top on the bridge, only full canvas enclosures... but I've seen several with hard tops over the cockpit.

However, in the spirit of identity, I am adding 'Pocket' back into the nomenclature to retain the acknowledgement of being a dinky boat:speed boat:

Ah, a pocket battleship was often, erroneously, referred to as being under the political control of Hitler, hence in his pocket.

So, seeing your home port is out of Alaska then perhaps you should refer to her her as a Palin Class cruiser, or even as a Marin(er). Oh Oh, sorry Janet :angel:- cute Boarder Collie by the way

Last edited:
Quote:
[So, seeing your home port is out of Alaska then perhaps you should refer to her her as a Palin Class cruiser,]

Honored to have you suggest this:thumb:. Big fan of Sarah:smitten: thank you:flowers:.

Al-Ketchikan 27' Marben Marine Fly bridge Sedan

Well lookie here! Found yet another nominclature for our boat. It has a even sexier sound to it. Done!!!
Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[

Al

Back
Top Bottom