New USCG security zones in PB.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this a reward for the state going for Trump? For his security? I have been through those areas, but I remember little of it. Is this a siginificant inconvience? Local knowledge please.

It's a temporary one, not hugely restrictive and would be instituted for any high level official, even foreign ones.

Someone must be playing golf this week!

Greetings,
Is this the shape of things to come with the eventuality of ALL of the navigable waters being restricted I wonder?

It's a temp restriction...very common.

Heck, a huge chunk of the Chesapeake is restricted all year.

They can completely shut down the ICW for hours at Camp Lejune any day they choose.

This is a insignificant event for all but the land owners in Zone 1.

Much ado about nothing.

Heck! Earlier this year Obama came to Tampa for a campaign event. They shut down the main interstate highway through town right in the middle of rush hour to accommodate him. Nobody (outside of Tampa commuters) cared, or even noticed.

Is this any different? NO! Other than, maybe, the fact that this is much less intrusive.

Much ado about nothing.

Heck! Earlier this year Obama came to Tampa for a campaign event. They shut down the main interstate highway through town right in the middle of rush hour to accommodate him. Nobody (outside of Tampa commuters) cared, or even noticed.

Is this any different? NO! Other than, maybe, the fact that this is much less intrusive.

That is SOP. They shut down IH 30 for Dick Cheney back in 06 for him to have a speaking engagements. Dont just lay that on Obama.

Greetings,
Is this the shape of things to come with the eventuality of ALL of the navigable waters being restricted I wonder?

Hell, I just wish they restrict the 5' wake throwers. Last night first night sleeping in a bed in 15 days.

Where ever any President is the traffic is restricted, just be glad you can't afford to live next door to who ever is in office. Looks to me this restriction can be sailed around.
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.

Call me an old grump, but I dislike any such closures and diversions. Philly hosts its share of VIPs and rolling closures of I 95 and I 76 as well as city streets are quite common. Philly also hosts athletic events along either side of the Schuylkill River so the Kelly and West River Drives are often closed. Benjamin Franklin Parkway, harrumpf!

We manage to survive here; Philly's a small town. Trump's motorcade causing the closing of the Lincoln Tunnel so that he could go to NJ to meet Romney, not to mention the ongoing knot around his office tower has gotta' be far worse. Harrumpf, Trumpf!

OTOH, I used to live just down the street from where former governor of DE, Mike Castle, lived. Rockford Road was never ploughed more quickly or better!

Last edited:
It has been my experience that those that live within zone 1 will be vetted for a security clearance and authorized to operate.

From what I understand it will only happen when he's in residence. When Tricky Dick was Prez he had a place on Key Biscayne (Miami) and there was a 24/7/365 security zone around his waterfront home with at least one full time boat on patrol. It was marked on NOAA charts and they were pretty good about chasing people out of there, don't ask how I know

:socool:

That is SOP. They shut down IH 30 for Dick Cheney back in 06 for him to have a speaking engagements. Dont just lay that on Obama.
Of course. Exactly the same as this temporary security zone cannot be laid on Trump. It is SOP. That was the whole point of my post.

Up here on Vancouver Island they will shut the highway (almost freeway?)
to allow movie making!!!

Ted

Of course. Exactly the same as this temporary security zone cannot be laid on Trump. It is SOP. That was the whole point of my post.

:thumb:...as denverd0n posred.....much ado about nothing....

But thanks to Capt Bill for the alert! :thumb:

You'll have to forgive Mule as he's been on a pretty potent script for painkillers lately. :) :flowers:

Greetings,
Mr. CP. "...pretty potent script for painkillers lately." How can you tell?

hdk.gif

Last time I took what he was prescribed my wife found me laughing in the living room and asked me what I was doing. Asked her "what did it look like? Watching cartoons of course". She then told me the TV had been off for hours.

True story

I came through there yesterday. It will be an inconvenience but not the end of the world.

From what I understand it will only happen when he's in residence. When Tricky Dick was Prez he had a place on Key Biscayne (Miami) and there was a 24/7/365 security zone around his waterfront home with at least one full time boat on patrol. It was marked on NOAA charts and they were pretty good about chasing people out of there, don't ask how I know

:socool:

Nixon driving from the airport to his house on Key Biscayne caused a lot of traffic problems so they built a helicopter landing pad in the bay behind his house. It was still there last time I looked.

I was wondering if they've done security checks on all the members there. There are 500.

There is an area in Maine, security zone marked by white buoy's. Bush family compound. There is a photo in my office with me standing at the helm, white buoy behind me, compound way off in the back ground.

Mark

I was wondering if they've done security checks on all the members there. There are 500.

Most likely, at least a very basic one. Would have been one of the very first "large projects" the SS tackled way back when they took over security for then candidate T. Of course now that he is POTUS elect those will be rechecked to a much higher level of scrutiny.

Not just members either but all staff, contractors and venders too.

Most likely, at least a very basic one. Would have been one of the very first "large projects" the SS tackled way back when they took over security for then candidate T. Of course now that he is POTUS elect those will be rechecked to a much higher level of scrutiny.

Not just members either but all staff, contractors and venders too.

That's a huge difference vs.others, that his house is also a resort and club.

All neighboring properties adjoining to "line of sight" now get scrutinized along with local police, fire and municipal and utility workers will too. The web of security is both mind boggling and massive.

All neighboring properties adjoining to "line of sight" now get scrutinized along with local police, fire and municipal and utility workers will too. The web of security is both mind boggling and massive.

His security as compared to previous POTUS is probably going up by a factor of 10.

His security as compared to previous POTUS is probably going up by a factor of 10.

You'd think so but likely not. I'll never forget watching a special about the royal family in England many years ago. The reporter doing the interviews noticed jewelry about the mansion and asked if it was real or fake. Security man told them stone faced everything they see is real. Reporter said they assumed the authentic valuables would be in some sort of vault and the reply was "if a person could steal the jewels they would be inside the royal private living space and that was a preposterous idea".

I can only imagine the SS would have a similar reply.

Sailing is not prohibited through that zone. All what they ask is that you maintain a steady course and speed.
I lived close to there and it is really not a big deal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom