A few winter projects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ex Sailor

A few winter projects on the go .... I was lucky that my landlord had a vacant unit next to mine at no charge. The clean empty floor space was great to have. 1) Teak Railings stripped and re varnished 2) New larger swim platform 3) New Solar Panel array.

Now those are decent challenges! Make sure to take lots of pics.

I am happy to see that I wont be the only one working hard during winter! For me it will be more about preparation for spring renovation. New saloon folding table to finish, new mahogany doors for pantry and lockers, new mahogany support to install inside and outside cooktop, and soooo many more!

Now those are decent challenges! Make sure to take lots of pics.

I will try the pics. again. .... I always had trouble with pics. on this forum ! LOL

Attachments

• P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 130
  • P1010011.jpg
    P1010011.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 61
  • P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 62
Had to also extend and beef up the old swim platform brackets ..

Attachments

• P10100023 (2).jpg
    P10100023 (2).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 57
I am almost finished with my winter projects. I started by stripping and revarnishing the main cabin sole. It came out better then I expected. I also built new "wall" components for the main cabin. Outside the boat I removed three punky plank ends and scarfed in new wood. Today I will sand the last scarfs (done over the weekend) out and put a coat of paint on them. Second coat of paint will go on on Friday.

At home I am building a new mahogany dining table for the main cabin and a new counter for the galley. The galley counter is a bit of an issue because of its size. Due to shop space limitations I probably won't actually build it until March/April.

My real work will be in the Spring when I paint the entire boat and revarnish the mahogany cabin house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom