Boat Yard Recommendation in Tacoma, WA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my3star

Vessel Name
Wildflower
Vessel Make
48' Kadey Krogen Whaleback
Hello all,

As a new owner of a 42' Cooper Prowler with dual 8.2L Detroit Diesels, I am looking for a recommendation for a boat yard in Tacoma. I am in need of general engine servicing and some electrical work. Does anyone have personal experience they can speak from?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hello all,

As a new owner of a 42' Cooper Prowler with dual 8.2L Detroit Diesels, I am looking for a recommendation for a boat yard in Tacoma. I am in need of general engine servicing and some electrical work. Does anyone have personal experience they can speak from?

Thanks,
Jeff

As a former owner of two 8.2L Detroits, I benefitted hugely by reviewing what Bill on Boatdiesel.com did for us all, with his comments on 8.2L engines. Pay attention to their cooling systems, and you'll have cool engines.

Buy two of these off eBay immediately while you can: TW4103 Turbocharger, Detroit Diesel Marine 8.2L D, 466082-5002S, 8923640 Turbo ($789!!) and look for proper gaskets ($135) at Cullen Diesel in Langley, BC.

:thumb:Thanks for the tip!

If you need engine workI would call Tacoma Diesel . They are a solid outfit with a good reputation. For stuff beyond engine work call around. Most of the yards are good.

I was going to call Tacoma Diesel tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
Jeff

Sounds like that work can be done at the marina. You don't need a yard, just a good mechanic. Ballard is full of service providers.

Back
Top Bottom