moving aboard...well maybe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lrbouch

Vessel Name
No name
Vessel Make
on the market for one...
Hi all,

New to this forum, not yet a trawler owner, but planning retirement (1-4 yrs) with the intent to live aboard for a while. Experienced with small boats (motor and 35' keelboats) and will be looking for a 40-50' trawler. Very interested in learning about the various boats out there, cost of operations (all in...) and pros and cons of various destinations. As it stands, undecided between the PNW or getting going on the Great Loop... (she wants the loop, I want fishing :))

We lived on Vancouver Island for a number of years and have a good appreciation of the boating lifestyle up north. On the other hand, the Loop offers many interesting options and opportunities.

As you can see, lots of questions left to be answered...and that's one of the reasons I joined the forum :)

Cheers

LRB

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. There are answers to some of your questions in the archives (IF you can find the threads). Don't hesitate with the questions.

Welcome aboard TF.

Have visited PNW and love it but can't provide boating insights.
If you do the loop LOTS of great territory between NY & Canadian Canals Lk Champlain StLawrence 1000 Is...don't rush it...many folks come back again and spend 1-3 seasons to experience the area.

Good luck w the adventure.
Good folks & lots of info (opinions) here. ..just need to sort what fits your situation

Welcome to the Trawler Forum!

Hi all,

New to this forum, not yet a trawler owner, but planning retirement (1-4 yrs) with the intent to live aboard for a while. Experienced with small boats (motor and 35' keelboats) and will be looking for a 40-50' trawler. Very interested in learning about the various boats out there, cost of operations (all in...) and pros and cons of various destinations. As it stands, undecided between the PNW or getting going on the Great Loop... (she wants the loop, I want fishing :))

We lived on Vancouver Island for a number of years and have a good appreciation of the boating lifestyle up north. On the other hand, the Loop offers many interesting options and opportunities.

As you can see, lots of questions left to be answered...and that's one of the reasons I joined the forum :)

Cheers

LRB

Do both. Next question?

Welcome! We did the same thing. Axed a hundred questions on a dozen forums. This one stood out as very, very helpful. We've been aboard Shangri-La now for 6 months. It is an adventure like no other.
Good luck in your discoveries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom