Mainship 400: Replacing head raw water hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sailorskip

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Blooper
Vessel Make
2004 Mainship 400T
Has anyone on the forum tackled this project?

Right now, I'm thinking of installing an inspection plate next to the head in order to try to trace and replace the hose.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Skip Ryan
Tampa

Project complete.* FYI for the group:

The thru-hull is forward of the head.* The hose runs through dead space.* The inability to pull the hose through was because it was cable tied to wiring runs in three places.* To cut the ties, I had to install a 4" deck plate adjacent to the head and a 7"x 9" access hatch on the step up adjacent to the forward berth.

The thru-hull is shared with the macerator.* Replaced the T fitting with* Y valve.* Because of debris in the raw water line, added an in=line strainer.

All-in-all, a PIA job.

Skip Ryan
Tampa

Has anyone on the forum tackled this project?

Right now, I'm thinking of installing an inspection plate next to the head in order to try to trace and replace the hose.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Skip Ryan
Tampa

Skip
Once again Steve Cyr has done a great job of documenting what he did.
See Stella Blue - Replacing the waste Tank Hoses

BTW - This is the MS 400 that is listed for sale in the MS builders section and Classifieds

When I replaced the wastewater hose, I had contacted Steve. I have a Jabsco head; he has the upgrade vacu-flush (I believe). The plumbing systems are different. This post refers to replacing the raw water hose.

Skip
Sorry - my mistake - missed the "raw water"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom