Transformation Continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surprisingly simple installation and programming. Temp gun to get an accurate water temperature, mechanical gauge for oil pressure reference and an optical tach to get engine rpm. Think I will add EGT and transmission oil temperature.

IMG_1476586355.271861.jpg

Hi Bob. Thanks for your email. Email sent back with pics. Ebbtide's electronic optical jauges display is great, very envious here.
All the best.

Last edited:
I decided to use one of these: NoLand Engineering as the converter from analog to NMEA 2K (CANBUS). Very happy with the ease of setup and the results. If you have questions ask away.

Much more flexible than expected. Garmin doesn't say that the 740S is networkable but turns out they are. The radar will not share via NMEA 2000 but everything else does.

This is by far the best setup I have ever had. The displays are redundant if necessary, one is connected to a house bank and the other to the start bank.

IMG_1477935584.888894.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this Kahlenberg Horn at a swap meet last spring. Installed the compressor and air tank in the engine room then installed a pull chain air valve above the helm. We will be hard to miss!

Guess I can't post a video from the app. Sure sounds sweet!

Been fussing over boat music lately. I absolutely did not want to cut in speakers or hang them from somewhere. Finally found a solution!

I have a Kenwood/Sirius radio installed in the helm and added a Bluetooth transmitter to the line outs on the back. We have one of those fancy Bluetooth speakers that connects to the phones or iPads and now connects to our stereo.

No wires, no holes and no headaches! Best thirty bucks I've spent in a long time.
IMG_1479520637.512907.jpg

Took a break from working and am enjoying a holiday with great boating friends in the San Juan Islands. My job was to cook a turkey for the gang.

IMG_1480145779.728135.jpg

This is how it came out of the oven on Ebbtide!

What a great read. Hope to be on the water myself some day. Great looking boat, Bob.

Now that's a turkey to be proud of!

Nice transformation on that turkey, Bob! (The bird, not the boat!)

I like the BT Speaker idea.

Ebbtide goes Solar

We will be installing 600w of solar panels to the cockpit roof over the next few weeks. Along with the panels we are installing a 40amp MPPT charge controller and a remote monitor. Photos of the installation will follow.

Attachments

• SW 300 MONO.pdf
    675.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Tracer 40a.pdf
    399.7 KB · Views: 39
We will be installing 600w of solar panels to the cockpit roof over the next few weeks. Along with the panels we are installing a 40amp MPPT charge controller and a remote monitor. Photos of the installation will follow.

Very nice. Looking to do similar capacity on mine here this season.

One note from the peanut gallery, make sure those charge voltages match the battery manufacturer recommendations. "Boost" is not a thing. There is bulk absorb float and equalize. high 14 is weak for equalize on almost any flooded.

Looking forward to seeing this install . I know it will be top notch , Ebbtide definitely sees the right kinda love . William has one 120w on the cockpit roof.

Two 300 watt panels are installed for a total of 600 watts. Now on to wiring.

Panel clips
IMG_1771.jpg
Roof layout
IMG_1776.jpg
Aft looking forward
IMG_1777.jpg
Forward looking aft
IMG_1778.jpg

Last edited:
Like everyone I can't seem to leave well enough alone so off came our faithful and trustworthy Bruce anchor and on goes the new kid on the block Rocna. Good old Bruce will be in the laz just in case.

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

Nice S - Panels and Anchor!

Don't solar panels have to be mounted outside to produce power? :rolleyes:

IMG_1776.jpg

Ted

This is the equipment we installed:

2 Sunmodule SW 300 mono panels
Trace 3230 MPPT Controller
MT50 Remote Controller
6 Trojan T105's
Xantrex 2500w MSW Inverter

All work was done by us.

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

Out in the sun to cure the fresh paint on the port cabin side.

Bob, Ebbtide is a testimony to how beautiful a Grand Banks really is once the flybridge has been tossed in the trash.

We have applied for admission to the Pt. Townsend Wooden Boat Festival in September. Anxiety and OCD meters are now maxed!

Bob one of my favorite boats and you've made it even better.

Sailor of fortune nailed it .. Low Rider!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom