The show is over.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Ft. Lauderdale boat show ended today with the traditional sounding of the horns.

If you've never heard it, it's pretty impressive when most all the boats in the show blow their horns at once to close the show at the end of the day on Monday. You can hear it echoing off the buildings in downtown FLL.

Here is a ariel view of just some of the boats in the show that blew their horns to give you an idea of the sound they make.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 116
Wow, that's what you call a boat show..!

Did the Miami show many times but decided to do FLL last year. Frankly, while there are plenty of smaller vessels, it really is big yacht focused.

Miami on the other hand is more in the smaller boats - up to 80 feet I mean. And the broker show on Collins Ave is awesome, with plenty of chances to get on many of the boats.

So for me personally, I get more out of the Miami show.

Wifey B: We were laying down, lounging around on our patio and not even thinking about it until the horns started going off. I think it's cool. I think living in the city where the show is, is also cool. For boaters, Fort Lauderdale is just paradise. :)

I was crew on a 90' that was making it's way right through the show on tues last week. We went right by that biggest boat in the photo. The place was a zoo with several big boats maneuvering in close quarters, little boats everywhere, helicopters and drones overhead. A zoo indeed.

Then we had to take that 90 up the new river to a yard right near I95 bridge. On our way we had several meetings with other big boats heading to the show. High pucker factor. Skinny river, lots of bends, bridges, current, wind and little boats.

Got tied up ok and everyone needed a drink.

I would like to have heard those horns. Neat idea.

I was crew on a 90' that was making it's way right through the show on tues last week. We went right by that biggest boat in the photo. The place was a zoo with several big boats maneuvering in close quarters, little boats everywhere, helicopters and drones overhead. A zoo indeed.

Then we had to take that 90 up the new river to a yard right near I95 bridge. On our way we had several meetings with other big boats heading to the show. High pucker factor. Skinny river, lots of bends, bridges, current, wind and little boats.

Got tied up ok and everyone needed a drink.

I would like to have heard those horns. Neat idea.

New River is always anxiety laden and I'm sure many times worse on Tuesday. It's amazing to me how organized they are setting up the show and then at the end. Of course, always a race at the end to be first to leave. 5 PM on Monday is always interesting. Now, others just waited until today to remove the boat. One bad twist was that we went from savings to standard time this year so sunset was 5:30.

After the horns alerted us, we went over to a friend's home with a better view of the boats pulling out.

This is fueling my thoughts of running back to Alaska!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom