Moonstruck
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
RE: River Boat

Quote:
larrylwill wrote:
I had someone else tell me that I couldnt cruse the river with that or a sailboat or the Willard because the draft is too great. 3.6 for the willard 4.5 for the Beneyeau and 3.5-6 for most sailboats. Then I see in every marinia I have been to 6 so far in Guntersburg and here are *90% sailboats. Up to 45 ft and I have talked to many owners and they dont seem to agree.

I will still focus on an Albin Delux 25. As for sails, what I have read is trawlers roll a lot and the sails help in steadying the boat and with the wind to your back make better gph. With all the lakes espically Guntersburg so close, Weekend sails would be a nice get away.
<h1 style="color:#0b3862;font-size:18px;margin-top:5px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:5px;margin-left:0px;">*</h1>
I cruised the Tennessee River for 6 years on a 36' trawler with a 4' draft.* No problem.* Guntersville*Lake is one of*if not the shallowest on the system.* Of course, if you stay in the channel,you are fine.* Just be very careful venturing out of the channel.* It*also has*aquatic weeds in many of the shallow sections.* I wouldn't worry*too much about anything with up to a*4' draft.

Have you thought about something maybe with a small 4 cycle outboard engine.* Maybe something like a Roseboro or C-Dory.* I'm not sure about the price, but I have seen them in many coastal anchorages.* In a small boat the 4 cycle outboad makes sense to me.* Economical, easy to service, and fairly easy on fuel.*
<h1 style="color:#0b3862;font-size:18px;margin-top:5px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:5px;margin-left:0px;">*</h1>

Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote