Thread: River Boat
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #22
larrylwill

RE: River Boat

Quote:
FF wrote:
"Im looking for something in the 0.5gph at 5-7 knots. "

Its the Albin or nothing but a converted sail hull.

The power boat assembilers create live on , rather than live in boats for the increased volume.

BUT ,,the cost (in any size) is efficiency. 1/2 gph at 4-5K can be done , in a 20 ft size ,7K, not with current diesel tech.

Do you want a gas or diesel?

The gas will be 40% higher fuel bills but perhaps 1/3 the overall cost of ownership if maint is included.

*The Albin was the first boat I thought would fit but the only one I could find in my range was in Alaska and she had everything. Then I started looking at alternitives. The Williard 30 gets 1/2gph at 5-6 knots acording to 2 write ups I read and one person I talked to. I also found a 32 Beneteau and called the owner and he claims he got *0.4gph at 4-6 knots.*

I prefer *desiel. Someone mentioned running a desiel at low rpms would ruin the engine in time. They need to meet my old farm tractor 1954 model with small desiel always ran low rpms almost every day and all it ever needed was a filter change.

I had someone else tell me that I couldnt cruse the river with that or a sailboat or the Willard because the draft is too great. 3.6 for the willard 4.5 for the Beneyeau and 3.5-6 for most sailboats. Then I see in every marinia I have been to 6 so far in Guntersburg and here are *90% sailboats. Up to 45 ft and I have talked to many owners and they dont seem to agree.

I will still focus on an Albin Delux 25. As for sails, what I have read is trawlers roll a lot and the sails help in steadying the boat and with the wind to your back make better gph. With all the lakes espically Guntersburg so close, Weekend sails would be a nice get away.
<h1 style="color:#0b3862;font-size:18px;margin-top:5px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:5px;margin-left:0px;">*</h1>
<h1 style="color:#0b3862;font-size:18px;margin-top:5px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:5px;margin-left:0px;">*</h1>
larrylwill is offline   Reply With Quote