Thread: Poop fuel
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 07:22 PM   #5
RT Firefly
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. BB. "Don't allow anything else to be built and sold after a certain date." HAH! Good luck with THAT!
Case in point... Coal fired power plants account for about 35% of total US production. That number is falling due to the plants being phased out and replaced with alternate energy sources (natural gas, nuclear, wind etc.). There is enough coal in PA and VA to supply ALL of the US power requirements for the next 200 years BUT, and we all know the reason for not tapping this valuable resource-It's too dirty.
Natural gas and nuclear are inherently cleaner so it's the "flavor of the day" due to the higher profit margins desired and realized by the power companies who are not willing to invest in the technology to burn coal cleanly. The technology DOES exist and clean plants CAN be built but it's too expensive (cuts into profits). So, in the end, it's the cheapest way out. NOT the best, IMO, the cheapest.
Getting back to your electric cars. WHAT? Take away my car? Well, it's my God given right to drive what I want where I want and I want a big car with a big engine...See my point?
The UAW will have a field day with the government over THAT one. Not to mention the oil and ethanol lobbyists.