mbevins
Guru

City: Windsor
Vessel Name: Keeper IV
Vessel Model: 44 Viking ACMY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougcole View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm strongly considering adding a drop in fridge/freezer box to the summer kitchen on our Mainship 400. We don't have a built in grill or an ice maker up there so there is plenty of room. It would also be nicely protected by the hinged lid that covers the entire summer kitchen. I'm looking at something like this:

Isotherm BI 53 F Top-Loading Built-In Freezer

There is an AC GFI outlet under the kitchen so no problem with the AC side, but my concern is the wiring for the DC side. There is a little bit of DC wiring under the kitchen (courtesy lights) but I can't figure out how Mainship ran the wires to get there. My guess is that they are behind the headliner in the main cabin, but I REALLY don't want to pull down the headliner.

I'd like to run large enough gauge wires to allow for voltage drop from under the FB helm under the FB benches and back to the summer kitchen where I would install a fuse panel and neg buss bar. But I can't see any way to run the wire from the helm to the benches.

I don't want to run exclusively on the AC side as we spend a lot of time without the genset running and don't have an inverter.

Any 400 owners out there have any ideas?

Thanks
Where does the AC feed source from? Can you supply DC to that location? Remove the wire from the breaker/buss. Then install an inverter and reconnect to it.
That will give you DC source through your existing AC line.
mbevins is offline   Reply With Quote