Seattle area marine surveyor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwboater

Vessel Name
Salty
Vessel Make
American Tug 34
Can anyone recommend a Seattle area surveyor who you've used and liked? The boat is a 2003 Selene 47 Ocean Trawler. I'm thinking Hatton Marine to inspect the single Cummins 6BTA5.9-M and 8kw Westerbeke...any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I used Hatten to inspect my Cummins QSB 5.9L when I made my purchase last spring. I was pleased with them. Good luck with the process. A 47 Selene is a pretty boat.

Cale Mathers (Mathers Marine Surveys) for the hull survey, and Kevin Ambrose of Diesel Power Systems for the engine.

I just had my, new to me, Krogen 39 surveyed by Steve Berg in Seattle. Very thorough and knowledgeable. Plus a great guy. Highly recommended!
Hatton did the engine.

Steve Berg AMS®
BERG MARINE SURVEYS
Anacortes, WA
360-301-6879

Good luck,

Bill Petras

Can anyone recommend a Seattle area surveyor who you've used and liked? The boat is a 2003 Selene 47 Ocean Trawler. I'm thinking Hatton Marine to inspect the single Cummins 6BTA5.9-M and 8kw Westerbeke...any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I am very satisfied with the engine/generator work performed by Hatton. For hull and other, I have used Bill Evans--Blue Water--on several boat surveys and been quite pleased.

Last month all the good surveyors were booked up a month out. Not sure about this month, but I was told they will get busy again after the boat show in January. So plan accordingly.

Thanks everyone for these helpful recommendations. My wife and I went on the sea trial yesterday (more like a joy ride :). The Selene is a quiet boat and handles nicely in close quarters...this one is fitted with an extension to the rudder that seems to work much like the articulating rudder on my Willard. Delta Marine did the modification, including the addition of rolling chocks and a bulbous bow.

Back
Top Bottom