Anybody from Noank or Mystic with a mainship390??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corsica

Hello my name is Arno. I'm originally from corsica but live now in Woodbury CT. I just started to look at Mainship 390. I would like to purchase one in the next few months but would like to speak to somebody around Noank??
Thank you.

Arno
Welcome aboard TF - Lots of helpful info and fellow boaters here at TF

I just posted this for a fellow MS owner - not sure if it would be of interest but it in your area For Sale - 2003 MS 400

Whether or not you are interested The Stella Blue website is a wealth of MS info

Good luck with your search

Welcome to the forum.

If you want specific information on the 390, post your questions here. There are probably dozens of 390 owners who visit here, who would be glad to help. If someone is particularly helpful and you want to discuss in more depth, PM them and ask if you can speak by phone.

Limiting your audience to Mystic or Noank means at best one or two forum members.

Also the 350 is essentially the same boat as the 390- name inflation. One thing to check out is if the integral swim platform has been repaired. These leaked and got water logged. Mainship repaired most of them.

And if you want to look at one, there are two in Connecticut listed on Yachtworld. Do a search for Mainships from 35-39'. That will also get you a few 36 sedans also, but it is really the only way as some listings don't use the 350 or 390 designation.

And finally if your budget is a little higher, and if you are a couple, consider the 2005+ Mainship 34T. More room than the 350/390 due to wider beam, but only one queen size berth forward.

David

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

If you want specific information on the 390, post your questions here. There are probably dozens of 390 owners who visit here, who would be glad to help. If someone is particularly helpful and you want to discuss in more depth, PM them and ask if you can speak by phone.

Limiting your audience to Mystic or Noank means at best one or two forum members.

Also the 350 is essentially the same boat as the 390- name inflation. One thing to check out is if the integral swim platform has been repaired. These leaked and got water logged. Mainship repaired most of them.

And if you want to look at one, there are two in Connecticut listed on Yachtworld. Do a search for Mainships from 35-39'. That will also get you a few 36 sedans also, but it is really the only way as some listings don't use the 350 or 390 designation.

And finally if your budget is a little higher, and if you are a couple, consider the 2005+ Mainship 34T. More room than the 350/390 due to wider beam, but only one queen size berth forward.

David

Thank you David

Do you have questions about Noank and the general Fisher's Island Sound area? Or do you have questions about the Mainship 390? Honestly a weird stipulation.

These are really mutually exclusive topics. Woodbury is pretty far from Noank. Why not New Haven, Old Saybrook, or New London??

Hello my name is Arno. I'm originally from corsica but live now in Woodbury CT. I just started to look at Mainship 390. I would like to purchase one in the next few months but would like to speak to somebody around Noank??
Thank you.

Benvenuti ! Cumu và ?
Je suis dans le Var.

Welcome aboard Arno.
Sincérita !

Pilou

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 217
Hi Arno,

I live in Noank and would be happy to speak with you. Give me a call 860-885-8382. I will also put in a shameless plug for our 2012 North Pacific 39 Pilot House. You can see it on Yachtworld. We are moving to a NP 45.

Rob

We looked at a couple 390s and a 350. Same boat. Well-thought-out. For me, they have three negatives: the winding stair, while comfortable, takes up a lot of room; the galley is all down one side with the upper half of the windows blanked, so the view out is not as nice; the second berth is low and tucked under the salon, OK for kids, not for me. Odd little upsie-downsie step at the helm door. Nice, clean ER with a single diesel.

Do your homework; we kept hearing about good years - good boats, and less good, as the company had problems over the years.

Back
Top Bottom