trawler or not ?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bil56

Hi all !
(thank you to reclassify this thread if not in the right place)

sorry if this is not really a trawler, but what do you think of this kind of cruiser, designed by a French designer?
Motor yacht, Architecte naval

have you equivalent in US or elsewhere?
thanks ;)

It certainly has all the usual 'trawler' features.

I prefer the 'sedan' layout to the more common 'aft cabin' layouts. I do not prefer the 'galley all down one side' and the built-in settee/berth/table. I like the ability to exit the salon on to both side decks. Most of us probably prefer to have a flybridge, too; it's a nice place to be and from which to drive the boat. The second stateroom, with its double bunks is less comfortable for guest couples, thus not as much need for the second head. She looks longer and narrower for the accommodation than is typical; that's why the foredeck is higher and less secure feeling.

Just an old, retired architect's opinion.

I really like the exterior aesthetics, spacious decks, and the interior layout of this boat. I would want a little more capacity to drain water out of the well deck given the shape of the stern, but perhaps I am underestimating the size of those freeing ports in this visual representation.

In the US builders, this reminds me a bit of those built by Zimmerman Marine but there may be others.

I sure like the basic concepts, but that is true of too many boats for me it seems.

I'd call it a trawler and I'm pretty sure many here would, too. It almost looks like a much larger, non-flybridge version of my 34 LRC Californian. Lots of similarities but many differences.

img_489204_0_d5f03061af91b719de201304cb5b9dfb.png

Obviously, I also prefer the sedan style with an ample cockpit to the aft cabin. I think I'd opt for a dry head with a separate shower instead of 2 heads with one a wet.

Attached is a topless photoshop mod of my boat by healhustler, our own master of illusion. (I like the FB version of my boat better!)

Attachments

• Topless.jpg
    Topless.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
It qualifies! Lots of space for solar panels too.

Without quibbling over nomenclature (there's a thread for that!), the MY14 looks well-suited for the sorts of waterway cruising that many on the Trawler Forum do. To me, there's a lot to like, including the things that DHeckrotte noted. Easy access to the covered side-decks, and to the expansive but secure foredeck; generous cockpit, etc. Looks like visibility aft from the helm might be rather limited. My ability to read & translate from French is even more limited, but I think the notes say that the guest stateroom may be configured with a double berth.

I like!

Hi all !

... what do you think of this kind of cruiser, designed by a French designer?

have you equivalent in US or elsewhere?
thanks ;)

I like it - looks like big brother to our MS (see pics on linked website)

Also see this great Grand Banks Transformation

I like the narrow length/beam ratio and the absence of a flying bridge. One small quibble; I'd prefer the skeg extended the prop so that it supports the lower end of the rudder.

Without quibbling over nomenclature (there's a thread for that!), the MY14 looks well-suited for the sorts of waterway cruising that many on the Trawler Forum do. To me, there's a lot to like, including the things that DHeckrotte noted. Easy access to the covered side-decks, and to the expansive but secure foredeck; generous cockpit, etc. Looks like visibility aft from the helm might be rather limited. My ability to read & translate from French is even more limited, but I think the notes say that the guest stateroom may be configured with a double berth.

I like!

This may help you. This is my translation, so I hope it's right.

46' Motor Yacht
Economical long range cruiser.
L.O.A.: 46' (14 m)
Beam: 13' 12" (4 m)
Air draft / bridge clearance: 9' (3 m)
Dry weight : 8 t.
Full displacement weight underway : 13 t.
Single 130hp engine (standart) or twin 75hp (optional).
Cruising Speed: 8 / 9 kph.
Fuel consumption: >= 2 gph / 8 liters ph.
Fresh water tank: 105 gals. / 400 liters.
Fuel tank : 800 gals. / 3000 liters.
Blackwater and graywater holding tanks.
1 Master Stateroom with private head and shower.
1 Guest Stateroom with 2 bunk beds or 1 queen bed, with private head and shower.

P.

Last edited:
#9 correction: "- - - skeg extended UNDER the prop - - -"

Pilou wrote, "This may help you. This is my translation, so I hope it's right . . ."

Conseil utile - merci!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom