Militec, is it me or?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Portuguese

Guru
Vessel Name
Rainha Jannota
Vessel Make
Curruira 46
Hello folks

Long time no see. I have been away enjoying my boat. The gauge is already marking 435 hours.
80 hours ago I made ny periodic oil change in both engine and Genny. I added 60 ml of Militec-1 to both pieces of machinery and the results have been way beyond expectations.
No smoke
Less noise
Smother runing
More speed with less RPM under the same running conditions

Is it me or some of you have also detected the same when using militec?

Rgs

Portuguese

Hello folks

Long time no see. I have been away enjoying my boat. The gauge is already marking 435 hours.
80 hours ago I made ny periodic oil change in both engine and Genny. I added 60 ml of Militec-1 to both pieces of machinery and the results have been way beyond expectations.
No smoke
Less noise
Smother runing
More speed with less RPM under the same running conditions

Is it me or some of you have also detected the same when using militec?

Rgs

Portuguese

Sorry, there's no way any shake oil will do that, unless you put it on the prop. :rolleyes:

Ted

Today is the first time I hear of Militec-1 or otherwise, I will look into it maybe try some if it is available around here.
I am glad to hear you are enjoying your boat.

Wow I think you found the miracle product, is it also charging the batteries faster, cook the dinner and make the dishes? If yes I will certainly try it.
Ok to be serious, going faster with less RPM, is it a hull paint or oil additive? Or maybe you had your sails up without noticing it so the difference.
The day I will get more speed with an engine turning slower I will go to the nearest church and light a candle!

Last edited:
In NA Militec is the preferred gun cleaning oil.

Portugese, Its all you! Your wallet is so much lighter that your boat moves faster.
PT Barnum had it all figured out...

Sorry, there's no way any shake oil will do that, unless you put it on the prop. :rolleyes:

Ted

You need to put it in the transmission, how else can it change your reduction ratio ;)

Last edited:
I support Portuguese 110% we use Militic oil in all our perpetual motion machines for the last 60 years .

For those who think they know all.

Before 60 ml of Militec/liter of oil 1850 RPM 7.2/7,5 knts
Now 1850 7.6/7.9 knts

If you don't believe go and try. And yes, Militec was first made to clean weapons or to grease moving machinery until your glorious army boys started to put it in their cars and trucks. Don't think I am ignorant or want to sell snake oil. Do not under estimate my inteligence. Go and ask your Navy engineers.

There are some funny boys around here now. Maybe is time to go back to the sea or change Forum.

Cheers

Gaston

This is not a pissing contest. Take it or leave it!

I bet my english is a lot better than your portuguese or spanish.
This is what happens when you're on a tablet

Last edited:
[QUOTE

Now 1850 7.6/7.9 knts

[/QUOTE]

Strange, I get the same speed increase too, but in my case I got beans for diner the day before and I used my own propulsion mechanism while farting at the wheel

Something really odd.
I also noticed that since I am using militec oil to cook my fries I am running faster!

Portuguese, best way I can put it is I`m agnostic about oil additives.
Years ago I put a molybdenum additive in the manual gearbox of an Austin Healey, the improvement in shifting and gear noise was amazing.
Six years ago my genset got glazed when unintentionally I ran it no load for an extended period, the "load" eutectic compressor had died, unbeknown to me. Nulon, an Aussie oil company,claimed their diesel oil additive used at double strength will fix it, and it did. I keep using it at the normal ratio.
Based on that, I`m inclined to respect your experience.

Now 1850 7.6/7.9 knts

If you don't believe go and try. And yes, Militec was first made to clean weapons or to grease moving machinery until your glorious army boys started to put it in their cars and trucks. Don't think I am ignorant or want to sell snake oil. Do not under estimate my inteligence. Go and ask your Navy engineers.

There are some funny boys around here now. Maybe is time to go back to the sea or change Forum.

Cheers

Glad it works for you. Far to many variables to claim that was the only reason for the increase. For the same engine RPM, it's hard to believe an increase in speed as nothing has changed in the drive train. Now if you told me there was a reduction in fuel burn for the same speed, I might find that more plausible.

Ted

Hi BruceK
People only read what and how they want to read. That's why there are so many interpretations for the same texts in the Bible.
Maybe I put it wrongly but, what I really meant, was that my engine runs smoother and with a lot less effort due to the lost of friction.
About the speed, and because the gear also has Militec, I have a considerable decrease in power losses before the same gets to the prop. Once again, less friction losses.

For many in the stoneage, the wheel was a useless mechanism

Still, regardless of friction, a single engine revolution will turn the prop the exact same turns. More friction means more fuel, but the same number of rpms generates the same number of prop turns.

Gordon

Now 1850 7.6/7.9 knts

Cheers

Portuguese, I for one am not doubting what you say quite so readily. I suspect the product you are referring to is similar to a product called Bi-Tron sold via network marketing in the late 90s, early 2000s, and it was derived from oil technology developed by the Russians during their own period of trying to win the un-winable war in Afghanistan, when the Mujahideen kept blowing open the sumps of their tanks with mines. They found a way to positively charge the oil so it clung better to the negatively charged engine and gearbox components, thus allowing then to limp home with no free oil in the sumps at all without destroying the mechanicals.

It is a principle that does work, and in fact Bi-tron sort of died when Castrol brought out Magnatec, using the same principle for reduced cold start up wear, and I still use Magnatec Diesel for that reason, as I was also so impressed with Bi-Tron, until we couldn't get it. Also most of the synthetic oils in use now tap into the same science I gather, so that is why they are superior to the simple organic, or so-called, dino oils.

Is sounds to me this Militec is another version of this product. The guff on their website is a bit over the top, but essentially it appears they are achieving this same metal protection in a way similar to Bi-tron, with the important bit being it is charged in such a way as to remain attracted to the metal, and is not just an 'additive' in the usual sense of the word, (even if incorporation into the actual metal surface is maybe a bit far-fetched), and as such does further reduce friction, and may well give some performance enhancement. It is not just a snake oil, that much I can certainly accept. Whether it would be better than modern synthetic oils is open to question, but may well work as well, added to the so-called dino oils, and be cheaper than full synthetics. That I could believe.

I think I have the answer on the first run with out snake oil portuguese was going up hill 1850 RPM 7.2/7,5 knts the second run with the snake oil 1850 7.6/7.9 knts was down hill all makes sense now how silly am I not to have worked that out before :blush:

I think I have the answer on the first run with out snake oil portuguese was going up hill 1850 RPM 7.2/7,5 knts the second run with the snake oil 1850 7.6/7.9 knts was down hill all makes sense now how silly am I not to have worked that out before :blush:

Gaston, you go into the naughty corner, and while you're there, read my post above. You might have missed it, or jumped over it the first time because it had a few too many words maybe..? :nonono:

Gaston, you go into the naughty corner, and while you're there, read my post above. You might have missed it, or jumped over it the first time because it had a few too many words maybe..? :nonono:

I did read your post boring as it was but please explain to me how a boat engine running at 1850rpm can go faster with snake oil at the same 1850 rpm :banghead:

I did read your post boring as it was but please explain to me how a boat engine running at 1850rpm can go faster with snake oil at the same 1850 rpm :banghead:

Yes, I take your point, but maybe lower gearbox friction losses might allow for that. However, the main point was for everyone to lighten up on the sarcasm, that's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom